Glycemia is a data reader of Abbott FreeStyle libre sensor using NFC technology.
This release is UNOFFICIAL and is NOT supported by Abbot. It must be used AT YOUR OWN RISK.
*************Apparently does not work with USA 14 day sensor version************
VERY IMPORTANT : We highly suggest to test Glycemia with a sensor at end of life (1 day left for example) as similar software report issue depending of smartphone and apparently make the sensor unusable after.
Currently the reader is tested successfully with a Samsung Galaxy S5.
Fast usage :
Ensure NFC is enable on your smartphone and place the back of your phone close to the sensor :
1 short vibration : sensor is detected and begin to read the data
2 short vibrations : data acquisition is successful, the plot display the data.
1 long vibration : the reading fails.
What the application does :
- read the last 8 hours of data from the sensor and display a graphic time vs blood sugar level.
- Vocal reader, if enabled, on the last measured and estimated blood sugar level.
- store the data in a csv historical file, semi-colon separated, under sdcard/glycemia/total_history.log (format : timestamp yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss ; mmol/l corrected; mg/dl corrected; mg/dl raw value from sensor).
- display the historical of the last 90 days.
- display a minimal and maximal target values and can be personally set.
- Calculate an approximation of the HbA1c on the last 90 days and some other statistics according of the target values.
- Units can be chosen between mg/dl or mmol/l (refresh historical and read the sensor again to take effect)
- reading data even after the 14 days period sensor life : the measure can be inaccurate and may be wise to replace the sensor for sanitary reasons (extra 8 hours given from the depletion time of the sensor, values may be inaccurate).
- Corrective formula to calibrate the final values. if you don't want any correction, let as x*1.0.
For example, if you want to adjust with a simple factor ad 10%, put x*1.1
The recognized signs are x for the raw value, +-*/ for respectively add, subtract, multiply, divide. ^ for exponent, () for parenthesis.
USE AT YOU OWN RISK AS THE FINAL VALUE WILL BE SHIFTED FROM THE REAL VALUE FROM THE SENSOR.
What the application doesn't :
- activate a new sensor : you need to use the official Abbot reader.
About the access requests on the phone:
- NFC : to read the sensor
- CARD READ/WRITING : to store and read the historical values. If you don't allow this grant, only the last 8 hours from the sensor will be displayed; not stats and historic will be values available.
- VIBRATION : vibration feedback as the screen is most probably not visible when you read the sensor.
To come in the next releases :
- add some more plots, pie chart and statistics.
- help button.
- enhance the visibility of the plots.
- French version
- still a lot to do...
Many thanks for your constructive feedback !