Chosen as one of the Top 50 Apps by Android Police.
SunPhos is ideal for:
* Real Estate Buyers - for finding the sun exposure of properties you are considering
* Gardeners - for finding optimal planting locations for current and seasonal solar exposure
* Photographers & Cinematographers - for planning optimal light conditions
* Architects - for getting a feel for the spatial variability of the solar angle throughout the year
* All Sun Lovers! To find the sun, even when it is hidden by clouds or walls
Get lucky with the light now with SunPhos.
- Search Sun Track: You can select the location where you would like the sun by tapping on the map
- Search Sun Position: Track sun path during the chosen day in specific location whatever through GPS or searching.
- View Modes: Satellite View or Map View for optimum visualization. and bookmark you favorite locations
- Day Report: Find Valuable information about any given location, including, Day length, Sun rise, Sun set, Golden hours, sunrise start/end, sunset start/end, Twilight, civil dawn/dusk, astronomical dawn/dusk and nautical dawn/dusk.
Get in touch with us:
Use the interactive controls to:
- Visualize and plan for the "golden hour"
- Find the time of year and angle to shoot a location at Sunrise or Sunset
- Visualize the Sun throughout the day or through the year
- Study the sun shadow ratio and projection to visualize the shadows cast from the Sun
- Sun Bearing and Altitude, Sunrise & Sunset, Shadow Ratio, Dawn & Dusk Times
- Golden Hour and Blue Hour Times
- 3D Compass - A 3D projection of Sun positions and events overlaid onto a compass representing the device's bearing and orientation in the world
- Time Machine Slider - Visualize events for a single day, or watch the days get longer and shorter and the Sun's path in the sky change
- Compensation for Magnetic Declination
Check out the Full Version of Sun Surveyor for:
- Augmented Reality Camera View - Visualize sun and moon positions and paths overlaid upon the device's camera input; determine whether the sun will go behind a building or will come through a window
- Interactive Map View - plan a remote shot or PV array placement, interact with a top-down perspective of sun and moon paths and events
- Moon Information, Summer and Winter Solstice Paths & Equinox Paths
- Offline Usage, Entering Coordinates, Searching, Saving & Loading Locations, Export/Import/Backup to Google Earth .kml format
- Widgets (9 total) for home screen and lock screen
* Internet Usage is for reverse geocoding - looking up the Address of your current Location, flurry analytics, and ads
* Please email with any bugs or suggestions, if you have questions let me know and I can try to help you!
Solar site surveys
Building site locations
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Hassle free return policy. If you like the app, please rate and review it! If you don't, please contact me and let me know how I can make it better. If you have a feature you think should be added, let me know about it. I am considering adding the lunar path, and the ability to change the date while viewing the paths in the camera view.
NOTE: Some users have noticed a problem after upgrading to Gingerbread (2.3.3). Gingerbread has a compass bug, causing issues with apps that use the compass/accelerometer. Google "Gingerbread compass" for more information.
ShadowFacts is handy for photographers, architects, backpackers, river runners or anyone interested in the position of the sun.
For example: to take a picture of the sunrise, be waked up 45 minutes before !
If you have any troubles, please email me !
Thank you for rate and comment your experience with this app ! :)
Use the interactive controls to:
- Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
- Find the time of year and angle to shoot a location at sunrise or sunset, or compositions involving the Moon
- View augmented reality projections of the sun and moon paths, pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky
- Visualize the sun and moon throughout the day or over a year for any location on the earth
- Observe the Summer and Winter Solstice paths & Equinox paths for any location
- Sun & Moon bearing and altitude, Sunrise & Sunset, Shadow Ratio, Moon Rise & Set, Moon Phase & Illumination %, Twilight Times (Civil, Nautical, Astronomical), Summer and Winter Solstice Paths, Equinox Paths, Golden Hour and Blue Hour Times, Solar Noon, upcoming moon phase dates and a Super Moon finder!
- 3D Compass - A 3D projection of Sun and Moon positions and events overlaid onto a compass representing the device's bearing and orientation in the world
- Augmented Reality - View through the device's camera, visualize where the sun and moon will be in the sky, or when they will move behind a building
- Map View - A top-down view of Sun and Moon event positions overlaid onto an interactive map . Lock down your shooting point and align your shot with Sun & Moon events! Uses the new Google Maps API featuring Terrain maps and rotation and tilting of the map view. Also features elevation lookups and the ability to determine difference in vertical angles between two locations.
- Widgets - 9 varieties of sun and moon widgets for your homescreen and lockscreen
- Import and Export of Locations - (new!) import Google Earth .kmz/.kml placemarks, and export to share with others or for backup purposes
- Time Machine Slider - Visualize events for a single day, or watch the days get longer and shorter and the Moon's path get further and closer throughout a year
- Offline Usage (excludes Map View)
- Enter Coordinates, Save & Load Locations with no data connection or GPS available
- Send screenshots and details
- Sun shadow ratio and projection, visualize the shadows cast from the Sun
- Moon distance, age, apogee, perigee, super moon predictions
- Local, Auto-Detect and Manual TimeZone selection
- Compensation for Magnetic Declination
- Elevation data for locations
- Languages: English, Deutsch, Français, 日本語, Italiano, Español, русский, Norsk (Bokmål), Dansk, Nederlands, 中文 (繁體), 中文 (简体), 한국의, čeština, Türkçe, Português (Brasil), Polski
** NOTE: the 3D Compass and Augmented Reality portions of this app make use of your device's compass. Some devices (HTC One V, HTC Desire C, etc) do not have a compass. The Maps and Details portion will remain unaffected. I do not ban any devices from installing this app, as some people have more than one device, such as tablets without cameras, or compasses, and I will gladly refund users if the app is not working for them.
The information is plotted in 2D on a Map. Values are available for the current day, a specific user defined day or the solstices.
It can be used to
- plan photo shoots and photography
- plan trips and holidays
- plant flowers and plants on the sunny side of gardens
- choose a real estate
- calibrate orientation and inclination of solar panels
- estimate exposure to sunlight
** Please report problems and errors through email - not comments **
The internet permission is needed in order to display the maps
More from developer
This is a 100% free app!
Find moonrise and moonset times, not only on the horizon, but also depending on a building or a mountain.
You can even predict where the moon will be... if reflected in water!
Caution: some phones don't handle correctly gyroscopic sensors. Should you notice any innaccurate display, try deactivating gyros into application menu/settings.
http://MoonTrajectory.net in the press:
100BestAndroidApps . "Positively awesome."
AppsZoom . "UI is great and features are very interesting."
zAugmentedReality . "Cool app."
If you have a question, if you wish for an improvment or if you have trouble running the application on your phone, please contact sylde.net:
The download is 1.3MB big, but the application can be moved on your SD card and would take in that case only 160kB from your internal storage!
Please refer to the bottom of the page for a detailed justification of the different authorizations required by the app.
http://MoonTrajectory.net allows you to display the future trajectories of the moon in augmented reality:
* Look through your phone and see the path of the moon.
* Find out if the moon will be full or what phase it will be in.
* Plan the moonrise and moonset times, not only on the horizon, but also on a building or a relief.
* Travel in time and see what path the moon will follow in the months to come.
* Take and save photos.
* Check afterwards the different trajectories of the moon for a whole year.
* Plan to include the moon in your pictures, whether by day or night.
* Plan when a subject (like a statue for instance) will be aligned with the moon.
* Use the calendar of the moon phases.
* Use the agenda to plan your future pictures.
* This way, you will know when to return to the site to take your picture to the maximum effect.
* Use Google Maps to pinpoint its exact location.
Detailed justification of the different authorizations required by the app:
* Modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
The app enables you to take pictures, so that you can check afterwards on those pictures the different sun or moon paths.
These photos are saved on the SD card. No other data is written or read in the SD card.
These data are deleted in case the app is uninstalled.
* Coarse (network-based) location / fine (GPS) location
The app requires the location of the user to compute the trajectories.
This position needn’t be accurate. That’s why you may use the network as well as the GPS (the first one available will be used).
* Prevent device from sleeping
The app displays live data in augmented reality, superimposed on the video.
The device is thus prevented from sleeping while the app is running.
As soon as the user quits the app, the automatic standby mode is reactivated.
* Full Internet access
The app enables you to check on GoogleMaps where the pictures were taken.
GoogleMaps requires a full internet access to operate.
The internet access is used by both GoogleMaps and the voucher codes system. No personal data is sent.
* Take pictures and videos
The app displays live data in augmented reality, superimposed on the video, and enables you to take pictures and check the different trajectories later/ with a clear head.