**** THIS PRODUCT IS BEING REPLACED BY SYSTEMPANEL 2 ****
- Get SystemPanel 2 at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sp
- This version will continue to be available.
SystemPanel Lite integrates a task manager, system monitor, and detailed device information.
Full version ($2.99) adds app manager (installer/uninstaller with multi-version APK archival), and long-term application resource monitor to solve app-related battery life problems.
See website for more info screenshots.
-- Frequently Asked Questions --
Why does CPU #2 appear "grayed out" on my dual-core device?
- A grayed out second CPU indicator indicates the second core is asleep to save battery. This is generally a good thing, it will turn back on when needed.
Why does it require the ______ permission?
- SystemPanel does require a fair number of permissions in order to be able to perform all of its duties. This product DOES NOT send ANY information from your device over the Internet to ANYONE. It requires the "Internet access" and "telephony/read phone state" permissions only to monitor and display the device's network connectivity state. A full description of why each permission is required can be found in the SystemPanel FAQ on our web site.
Does SystemPanel Lite consume battery?
- SystemPanel Lite does not run in the background in any capacity. The full version includes an optional "monitoring service" which uses about one minute of CPU time per day to record the CPU usage of other applications (though it is disabled by default). This feature is not found in the Lite version though.
Does SystemPanel automatically kill tasks in the background?
- No, SystemPanel is not an automatic task killer. It has been well-established (by the Android documentation and direct communication with the Android engineers) that randomly or periodically terminating arbitrary tasks in the interest of saving memory will NOT yield a benefit in performance or battery life. The only benefit you will see from an automatic task killer is if it happens to terminate misbehaving apps. The full version of SystemPanel provides a better solution to this problem by showing you which apps are consuming CPU in the background (over time) with the "System Monitor" feature. It is then recommended that such applications be reconfigured or uninstalled (or perhaps corrected by filing a bug with the offending application's author).
A much more extensive FAQ is available on our web site.
Please visit our web site at http://android.nextapp.com for more information, including a complete screenshot tour of the product.