The Aleph Beta app is filled with life-changing Torah videos & podcasts that matter.
Torah, in Hebrew, means guidebook. It comes from the same word as morah, teacher, or horeh (parent or guide). The Torah is supposed to guide us, presumably. Often, though, when we turn to Torah for ancient and spiritual wisdom, we don’t immediately pick up a Tanakh. We look everywhere and anywhere else for inspiration. We gravitate towards Hassidut, Mysticism, Jewish philosophy or even talmudic legal analysis.
Many of us don’t feel like opening up the pages of Leviticus to read the week’s Torah portion, or the stories of the Sale of Joseph, or the complaints in the desert to give us that inspirational boost in the morning. We’ve grown distant from Torah text as a source of guidance.
Aleph Beta’s mission, led by Rabbi David Fohrman, is to help you revisit the text you may already be quite familiar with, read it honestly, without preconceived notions or barriers, and authentically discover the richness that was always there.
Our guarantee is that you will be deeply surprised about the latent meaning in laws and stories you may have long overlooked.
At Aleph Beta we make stunning animated videos and slickly-produced podcasts on the parsha, Jewish holidays & fast days, laws & mitzvot, prayers, relationships, big philosophical ideas and many other topics that present Torah ideas in an easy-to-consume way.
In a world where you could be watching Netflix and YouTube, we want you here with us, experiencing the timeless wisdom of Torah in a way that stands up to the best production value the secular world has to offer.
Our app is totally free to download, and we provide 30 minutes of free content a month for you to watch, listen & enjoy. For unlimited access to streaming, downloading, transcripts, parsha learning guides & much more, we offer a Premium membership for a small monthly or annual fee (see details below).
How People Use Our App:
Start a Daily Habit to Learn Torah each Day
- With a wide variety of short videos, longer series, and podcasts, you can designate a set amount of time every day to stay inspired!
- Our content is subdivided into different categories to make it easy to find what you are looking for. Weekly Torah portion, holidays, topic pages and more!
- Our app conveniently allows you to “watch” or “listen” and switch back and forth easily as you transition through your day allowing you to take us with you wherever you go!
- Gather round the whole family in front of the big screen with our “casting” feature and watch an inspirational holiday or Parsha themed video.
Tune in Weekly & Learn the Torah Portion Totally Anew!
- No matter how many times you’ve read the Torah, our fans always tell us that reading it with Aleph Beta is a totally new, & unique experience. Try it out!
- Have something to say at the Shabbat table that will amaze your family and guests and bring deep meaning into their lives.
- Print Parsha learning guides to read & enjoy when you’re offline.
Use it Occasionally & Prepare for upcoming Holidays
- Access everything when you’re connected, or download any course for offline use offline use.
About Aleph Beta:
We are a nonprofit Torah website, dedicated to learning Torah in a fun, critical, and relevant way. Aleph Beta is generously supported by the Hoffberger Foundation for Torah Studies.
Connect with Aleph Beta:
- Contact support directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aleph.Beta.Academy
- Follow us on Twitter : https://twitter.com/alephbeta123
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlephBetaAcademy
AlephBeta offers several In-App Purchases that give you unlimited access to:
Unlimited streaming of over 1,000 Torah videos & podcasts
Access to exclusive webinars with Rabbi Fohrman
Printable transcripts of all videos for Shabbat reading
Parsha podcasts and learning guides
Uninterrupted usage of content on www.alephbeta.org