The Let's Read library is full of high-quality children’s stories in national and local languages. New books are being added to the library all the time!
• All books are 100% free and openly licensed
• Download books for reading offline
• Switch between different languages
• Search by reading level and language
• Select your preferred font size and background color
• Get free EPUB or PDF versions of any book from our website: www.letsreadasia.org
Languages currently available:
• Bahasa Indonesia
• Thai : ไทย
• Nepali : नेपाली
• Urdu: اردو
• Nepal Bhasa:नेपाल भाषा
• Lao : ລາວ
• Khmer : ភាសាខ្មែរ
• Rakhine : ရခိုင်ဘာသာ
• Vietnamese:Tiếng Việt
• S'gaw Karen (Romanized script) : K'nyau (Cgau)
• S'gaw Karen (Thai script) : เก่อะญอ (จฆอ)
• S'gaw Karen ("lix wa" / Myanmar script) : ကညီၤ (စှီၤ)
• Korean: 한국어
➨ NOTE: Android version 5.0 or greater is recommended for reading S'gaw Karen books in "lix wa" (Myanmar) script.
Let’s Read is an initiative of The Asia Foundation’s Books for Asia program that fosters young readers in Asia. We focus on underserved languages, seek engaging, original content from within communities and support community workshops that enable individuals to collaborate together on creating culturally relevant stories.
Learn more about the Let’s Read initiative: