The Vachanamrut Study App by BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha
The Vachanamrut is the principle scripture of the Swaminarayan Sampraday. It is a compilation of 273 spiritual discourses delivered by Bhagwan Swaminarayan from 1819 to 1829. It is a Hindu scripture filled with illuminating analogies and metaphors, and divine revelations that provide philosophical and practical answers to the deepest mysteries and questions of life.
Through easy-to-understand notes and explanations, this ‘Vachanamarut Study App’ sheds new light on eternal concepts. Using the latest technology, this application gives users a convenient medium for reading and studying the Vachanamrut. Allowing users to engage in the Vachanamrut in new and exciting ways, this app is an attempt to make it easier for curious minds to delve into the depths of the Vachanamrut.
Inspired by Brahmswarup Pramukh Swami Maharaj and Pragat Brahmswarup Mahant Swami Maharaj, a team of scholarly sadhus and dedicated youths have strived to help make the Vachanamrut easier and more practical.
• Difficult words: Regional, scriptural and philosophical words which may need further clarification are explained in simple terms.
• Complex Concepts: Some concepts are difficult to comprehend and may cause confusion. Such concepts are explained in a simple structured manner with scriptural references and the words of the Gunatit Guruparampara.
• People: Brief descriptions of people mentioned in the Vachanamrut are also provided. These include people contemporary to Bhagwan Swaminarayan as well as historical people such as those in the Purans. Pauranik kathas (stories) that Bhagwan Swaminarayan has mentioned to exemplify certain concepts are also described in detail to give the reader the full context.
• Scriptures and Places: Short introductions to the scriptures and places are also provided. The exact locations, where the Vachanamruts were narrated, are also depicted through maps and images.
• Shlokas-Kirtans: References and meanings of the shloks as well as the kirtans mentioned in the Vachanamrut.
• History: The historical events associated with Vachanamruts are mentioned in detail to make the context of the Vachanamrut clearer.
• Explanations: Discourses relating to sadhana (spiritual endeavours) have been explained with supportive material from Purushottam Bolya Prite, Swami ni Vato, and the teachings of the Gunatit Guruparampara. This additional information helps to unfold the deep meaning of the Vachanamrut.
• Glory: The significance and greatness of the Vachanamruts in the words of the Gunatit Guruparampara.
• Prasangs: Inspiring prasangs, relating to the Vachanamruts, as mentioned by the Gunatit Guruparampara and other santo-bhakto.