Get trusted ratings and reviews for the products and services you use every day - from cars and major appliances to must-have tech gadgets, to home and garden necessities. Non profit and independent, Consumer Reports buys everything we test and doesn’t accept advertising. Get the unbiased information you need to save time and money and have peace of mind.
While everyone may download this app, our product ratings and reviews are available only to Digital or All-Access members of Consumer Reports at no additional charge.
Use our Product Reviews and Ratings to:
*NEW: Chat with an Ask CR specialist for personalized buying advice on products for your home
* Get ratings for thousands of tested products and services
* Search or browse by product or brand
* See scores for chosen models plus the best and worst in category
* Find recommended models at a glance
* Review highs and lows plus specs for each model
* Read CR’s take for a quick overview or read our more in-depth buying guides
* Compare products side by side
* Shop allows you to find the product from several retailers and see the price
* Access our ratings offline
* Save products you’re researching
For Car Buying:
• New and used car information
• Consumer Reports’ new Overall Score system includes road-test performance, reliability, owner satisfaction, and safety into one overall score, making it simpler to identify models that are truly best in class
• Consumer Reports car ratings and reviews
• Consumer Reports road test video summaries
• Survey information based on 780,000 vehicles covering Owner Satisfaction and Reliability
• Browse cars by type
At CR, our engineers, scientists, and researchers test everything including dishwashers, air conditioners, tires, sedans, and LCD TVs to deliver unbiased product reviews.
NEW: Making a purchase for your home or buying a new appliance? All- access members may chat online with a CR specialist so that you can choose with confidence. Our specialists use CR’s unbiased ratings and reviews to help you compare models, weigh features and price, and narrow down your options.
Shopping for a new car? Don’t get taken for a ride. We put you in the passenger seat as the Consumer Reports Auto Test team takes our cars through their paces at the largest and most sophisticated independent automobile testing center devoted to the consumer interest anywhere in the world. Find the best car for your budget and needs by reading our buying guides.
Just had a baby? Get the highest-rated crib, the safest car seat, the most comfortable stroller, a baby monitor with the best range, and sunscreen with the best UV protection. Let our app help you find the best—and safest—products for your newborn.
In an electronics store? Get product ratings on everything from ebooks to computers. Look at printer reviews to see which ones are the best on ink costs. Check ratings in the store and don’t get swayed to buy a LCD TV or camcorder on sale, that has a lower picture quality.
Just moved from the city into the suburbs? Congratulations! You now have a lawn. Lawn mowers and leaf blowers just became a part of your life. Find out which ones make the least noise and is the easiest to use.
You probably also now have a home. You should get stuff to fill it. Find out which juicer is the easiest to clean or which refrigerator has the best efficiency. Keep your rooms at the perfect temperature and humidity with the best air conditioner, humidifier, air purifier, dehumidifier...
On The Go Buying Guide Tips:
Air Conditioners: As a rule, an air conditioner needs 20 Btu for each square foot of living space. To measure your room, multiply the length of the room by the width.
Front-Loading Washing Machines: The best front-loaders clean better and are gentler than the best HE top-loading washing machines while using less water. Front-loaders take longer than HE top-loaders, but spin faster, extracting more water and trimming dryer time.