Get trusted ratings and reviews for the products and services you use every day - from cars and major appliances to must-have tech gadgets, to home and garden necessities. Non profit and independent, Consumer Reports buys everything we test and doesn’t accept advertising. Get the unbiased information you need to save time and money and have peace of mind.
While everyone may download this app, our ratings and reviews are available only to Digital or All-Access members of Consumer Reports at no additional charge.
Use the Ratings app to:
* Get ratings for thousands of tested products and services
* Search or browse by product or brand
* See scores for chosen models plus the best and worst in category
* Find recommended models at a glance
* Review highs and lows plus specs for each model
* Read CR’s take for a quick overview
* Compare products side by side
* Shop allows you to find the product from several retailers and see the price
* Access our ratings offline
* Save products you’re researching
• New and used car information
• Consumer Reports’ new Overall Score system includes road-test performance, reliability, owner satisfaction, and safety into one overall score, making it simpler to identify models that are truly best in class
• Consumer Reports Car Ratings
• Consumer Reports road test video summaries
• Survey information based on 780,000 vehicles covering Owner Satisfaction and Reliability
• Browse cars by type
At CR, our engineers, scientists, and researchers test everything including dishwashers, air conditioners, tires, sedans, and LCD TVs.
Life Situations Where You Need the Consumer Reports Ratings App:
Shopping for a new car? Don’t get taken for a ride. We put you in the passenger seat as the Consumer Reports Auto Test team takes our cars through their paces at the largest and most sophisticated independent automobile testing center devoted to the consumer interest anywhere in the world. Find the best car for your budget and needs.
Just had a baby? Get the highest-rated crib, the safest car seat, the most comfortable stroller, a baby monitor with the best range, and sunscreen with the best UV protection. Let our app help you find the best—and safest—products for your newborn.
In an electronics store? Get ratings on everything from ebooks to computers. Look at printer reviews to see which ones are the best on ink costs. Check ratings in the store and don’t get swayed to buy a LCD TV or camcorder on sale, that has a lower picture quality.
Just moved from the city into the suburbs? Congratulations! You now have a lawn. Lawn mowers and leaf blowers just became a part of your life. Find out which ones make the least noise and is the easiest to use.
You probably also now have a home. You should get stuff to fill it. Find out which juicer is the easiest to clean or which refrigerator has the best efficiency. Keep your rooms at the perfect temperature and humidity with the best air conditioner, humidifier, air purifier, dehumidifier…
On The Go Buying Guide Tips:
As a rule, an air conditioner needs 20 Btu for each square foot of living space. To measure your room, multiply the length of the room by the width.
New dehumidifiers appear in late spring and early summer, and most sales and in-store promotions occur from June through August. You might find closeout deals in the fall and early winter.
Front-Loading Washing Machines:
The best front-loaders clean better and are gentler than the best HE top-loading washing machines while using less water. Front-loaders take longer than HE top-loaders, but spin faster, extracting more water and trimming dryer time.
Download our ratings app today and stay in the know on the best cars, electronics, appliances and much more!