Anapana Meditation App for Children and Teen Old Students
This is the official Anapana meditation app by Dhamma.org created for children and teen old students who have taken at least one Anapana course as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. It is a simple app provided to old student children and teens to help them to keep up a daily Anapana meditation practice of 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening.
Anapana meditation is awareness of the natural breath to concentrate and calm the mind. Along with practicing Sila - the 5 precepts, a code of morality, it is the preliminary practice before learning Vipassana meditation, the principal meditation technique taught by the Buddha.
Anapana courses are offered to children and teens world-wide. They are organized and conducted by experienced and trained Children’s Course Teachers. There are no charges for the courses - not even to cover the cost of food and accommodation. All expenses are met by donations from people who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits, wish to give others the opportunity to also benefit.
Courses are given at numerous Vipassana centers and non-center course locations around the world. Look on this app for courses offered near you.
Children and teens who have completed an Anapana course in this tradition are considered old students of Anapana. This app is intended for those who have learned Anapana on a course and wish to use the app to help them keep a daily practice.
If a child or teen has not taken an Anapana course yet and they wish to learn Anapana, then this app can be used to find a course nearest them.
Features of this App
- Practice 10 minutes of Anapana meditation while listening to recorded instructions in your language
- Practice 10 minutes of silent Anapana meditation with a gong timer (if you know the instructions well)
- Read about how to practice Anapana properly
- Read about how to practice Metta - meditation of loving kindness - after your practice of Anapana
- Read about the 5 precepts as a foundation for meditation
- Read about the benefits of practicing Anapana along with the 5 precepts
- Search for children or teens courses near you or around the world
- Watch videos about Anapana meditation courses
- Access the International Children’s Course Website