Great app! Used it in Plasma 5 and can now also use it in Gnome thanks to the indicator-kdeconnect fork (if you don't mind installing a ridiculous amount of KDE dependencies). Works great! The most convenient app I've ever used for transferring files between my phone, tablet and laptop. I also love being able to control my computer's audio playback from my phone when not in front of the computer! The only issues, file transfers are slower and less stable than in other Wifi-based file transfer apps I've tried; the "browse device" function is very laggy and often buggy. If transfer stability and speed could be improved and browse device polished a bit, it would get at least 6 stars! Great job guys!
Only seems to be working well with largely unmodified android. Maybe it's MIUI's fault, but even with all of its memory "optimization" disabled the KDE connect service is randomly getting unloaded. The stability improved lately, though, so here's one more star.
This app is great, though it would be even better if we could easily control the desktop volume from a device ;)
Very useful app. Allows you to keep an eye on your portable device from your desktop PC. It works just as it should. I like it!
I will give five stars, but I can't browse the tablet on my computer. Everything other works very well.
It's awesome if you run Linux and have android on your phone... get this installed!
- Fix multipart SMS not working.
- Make sure we don't use the data network.
- Fixed remote browsing the device on some phones.
- Fixed bug where received shared files would lose the extension.
- Accept or reject pair requests directly from the notifications.
- Received shared files now appear in Downloads by default. Added an option to select a different destination.
- Update media index when files are added/removed while browsing the phone remotely.
Share screen to another android user, accept to remote control and assistance.
ANDY (Siri like alternative for Android) - The answer to all your questions!