This resource has been developed by the Barngarla Language Advisory Committee (BLAC) and Wiradjuri Study Centre. All information will remain the property of the Barngarla people.
Explore and learn the language and culture of the Barngarla people anywhere in the world, for free! Search in Barngarla and English or use our traditional search of Images.
The ability to create and use language is the most distinctive feature of humans. Language is culture and culture is language. We learn culture thought language. Without language there is no culture. Without culture there are no people.
The Barngarla dictionary is changing the way people learn language and connect with culture. Download today and start exploring, learning and experiencing the Barngarla culture.
- Over 2,000 documented Barngarla words and phrases.
- Clear and concise studio recordings of correct pronunciations.
- Search in Barngarla or English language.
- Traditional search via image.
- Acknowledgement every time the app is opened.
- Ideal for all ages and learning levels.
- Caching of content viewed (downloaded) so that it can be used offline or in remote location.
- All content is culturally appropriate, correct and approved by BLAC and Linguist Ghil’ad Zuckerman.
SUPPORT & FEEDBACK
If you are having any issues or want to help improve the Dictionary App with your feedback, please visit wcclp.com.au or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are more than happy to answer all your questions and solve any issue, so make sure you contact us before leaving your review!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR ALL UPDATES
Language learning is not just about practice, make sure to follow us on social media and visit our website and we’ll share any news, updates, live events or additional resources.