--- Attention: To read the data of the warning app, the app needs root rights. Without root rights, it can only be used together with the RaMBLE app or with the CCTG app / microG. ---
The Warn-App-Companion-App helps you to better understand and classify messages from the Warn-App.
What the app does:
1. The app reads - if it has root rights - the Rolling Proximity IDs recorded by your device from the database.
Alternatively, the app can also read a database exported from the RaMBLE app or from microG (even without root rights).
2. The app loads the positive keys from warning servers in the countries you have selected. It loads e.g. for Germany the keys published daily for the last few days and the keys published every hour for today. The positive keys of the last 14 days are displayed.
3. The app compares both in order to find matches (risk encounters).
If risk encounters are found, it shows the details:
At what times and with what radio attenuation (roughly corresponds to the distance) did the encounters take place, and what level of risk did the encounter have.
In RaMBLE mode, the position of the encounter can also be displayed, because the RaMBLE app saves a geoposition for each entry.
What the app doesn't do:
- The app does not process any personal data.
- The app only accesses the internet for the above Purpose 2 to, i.e. it only loads data from warning servers and it does not send any data to other servers (unless you activate the map display in RaMBLE mode, then it loads a map from OpenStreetMap servers).
- The app does not show any advertising.
The source code of the app is published on GitHub (https://github.com/mh-/), so you can check the source code, build the app yourself and you are welcome to contribute to improvements.
From the German warning app server:
- Germany, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Netherlands, Poland, Spain and Cyprus
From servers of the respective countries:
- Czech Republic
- England and Wales
The countries can be selected via the menu at the top right of the app.
- The app is used for private purposes only, it is not used for any business purposes.
- The app is not a "hacking tool". It only reads data from the memory of your own device, which is stored there unencrypted.