Multi-purpose mapping and surveying tool for both professional and personal use. It can be used for land surveying, emergency events mapping, infrastructure maintenance and also personal outdoor activities, such as hiking, walking, orienteering and travelling.
The application collects Waypoints (such as points of interest) and Paths (sequence of points) to perform mapping and surveying activities. The Waypoints are acquired with accuracy information and can be tagged with user's specific information. The Paths acquired on the field allows measuring distances and, if closed, they will form polygons for measuring areas and perimeters. Both Waypoints and Paths can be exported to a KML, GPX and CSV file and thus be processed externally with a geospatial tool.
The application uses the internal GPS receiver from the mobile device (typically with accuracies>3m) or, alternatively, allows professional users attaining better accuracies with a Bluetooth external GNSS receiver (e.g. <1m). See below the list with external receivers supported.
The application includes the following features:
- Acquire positioning, navigation and precision information;
- Provide details of the visible satellites (GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU and other);
- Create Waypoints with accuracy information, geotag them and convert coordinates into a human-readable address (reverse geocoding);
- Import Waypoints from geographic coordinates (lat, long) or alternatively search for a street address/point of interest (geocoding)
- Create Paths from multiple acquired points and get distances between them;
- Get directions and distances from current position to Waypoints and Paths
- Export Waypoints/Paths to KML and GPX file format;
- Share data with other applications (e.g. Dropbox/Google Drive).
The Premium subscription include two professional features:
- Backup and restore user’s data (it allows transfer data from one handset to another)
- Export Waypoints and Paths to CSV file format
In addition to the usage of your internal mobile receiver, the current version is known to work with the following external receivers:
- Navilock BT-821G (tested by Bluecover)
- Qstarz BT-Q818XT (tested by Bluecover)
- Bad Elf GNSS Surveyor (reported by users)
If you successfully tested the application with another external receiver please provide us your feedback as a user or manufacturer in order to extend this list.
For further information check our site http://www.bluecover.pt/gps-waypoints.