Remotely and securely unlock your Windows PC using your Android’s fingerprint sensor.
For the application to work, you need to install the Fingerprint Credential Provider module on your Windows PC (Windows Vista/7/8/10). Please choose the corresponding version: x64 for 64-bit or x86 for 32-bit Windows installations. You can download it here: http://bit.ly/2Q4YoUP
The module only runs when the logon screen is active, so, in order to connect your computer, add an account, etc., simply lock your computer (Windows Key + L, or from the Start Menu).Please take into account that some manufacturers do not fully implement the required Google Fingerprint API's or they do not implement them at all, so even though your smartphone may have a fingerprint sensor, the app may appear as incompatible, crash at start-up or not work at all. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it, as the whole security of this app is based on Google's secure Fingerprint API. How to use the app:
Firstly, be sure that you have installed the Windows module found at the link above.
Go to the Scan menu (making sure that your computer is on the logon screen) and pull to refresh or press the refresh button.
Select your computer and press Save.
Now, go to the Accounts menu and tap Add an account. Enter the Windows account that you want to unlock
, scan your fingerprint and press Add.
Next, tap on the account name
that you want to be unlocked when scanning your fingerprint.
You’re now all set! Go to the Unlock menu and scan your fingerprint. You should now see your computer unlocked. Features:
• Log-in/Unlock an account
• Simple, user-friendly UI
• Local/Microsoft/Domain* accounts support
• Light/Dark/Black (AMOLED-friendly) UI themes
• Local network/Wi-Fi Tethering support
* At the moment, domain accounts are supported only on Windows 8+ computers on the latest (1.0.3) version of the Windows module. Please keep in mind that your account has to be present on the lockscreen for this to be able to work. It does not work for users logging in using the Other Users menu. In the app, simply use the displayed name exactly as on the lockscreen (including the domain name, case sensitive), together with the corresponding password PRO features:
• Ads removal
• Adding multiple computers
• Adding multiple accounts per computer
• Unlock widgets
• More planned features
Being a utility app, please be sure to read the F.A.Q.
as it contains a lot of useful information that may help you troubleshoot any problem that you may encounter: http://bit.ly/2N9bzFV
If you have the PRO upgrade, you can turn Wake On Lan on by tapping on the desired computer and ticking "Send WoL-Packet". Being built with security in mind, the app:
• Can be safely be used on a public network –all sent data is encrypted.
• Encrypts the stored information in the user’s computer using a unique key that identifies the app installation.
• Does not store any password in the Android app.
• Prevents attackers from also gaining access to your computer – if an attacker knows your PIN and adds his own fingerprint, the app is immediately notified and automatically invalidates its own key, which makes the stored private app information lost forever. Possible future updates:
• Linux support
• Lock a computer with the app
• Being notified when one of your computers wakes up
• Bluetooth support
• Timed unlock
Be sure to allow incoming and outgoing traffic (both TCP and UDP) in your firewall for the LogonUI.exe process found in C:\Windows\System32. You will be asked at the installation if you want this done automatically for you if you are using Windows Firewall.
Please check the F.A.Q. for more troubleshooting tips and questions or send me an email if you have any questions regarding the app.