FIRST TIME COUPON [NEWRIDE] FOR A FREE 30 MINUTE RIDE! *
*[NEWRIDE] Coupons are valid in: Tokyo, Osaka City, Kyoto City, Yokohama, Utsunomiya, Kobe, Nagoya, Hiroshima
Ride e-scooters/e-bikes at a discount!
"LUUP" is a sharing service that allows you to ride small e-bikes and e-scooters around town from anywhere and return them to the place you choiced. The service is currently available in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Yokohama, Utsunomiya, Kobe, Nagoya and Hiroshima! Please use this service for commuting to work, school, shopping, and other places that are a little too far to go on foot!
1. No license required! You can ride an e-scooters if you are 16 years old or older!
You can ride an e-scooter after passing age verification and a traffic rules test.
2. Complete everything from ride to payment with the app
Procedures to use are completed via the app and the ride begins. Payment is also made through the app, so all you need is a mobile phone.
3. Membership registration is free! You can start using it today!
You can use the service immediately after downloading.
4. Small but powerful electric assisted bicycles.
Although the vehicle is designed to be small, it is powerful, and anyone can ride it stably without getting tired. It is perfect for sightseeing or cycling for a change of pace.
5. High-density parking installation in our service areas
Parkings are densely located in the service area, so you can ride right when you want to, without having to walk for a long time to the parking. You can check the parking map from the LUUP app.
AREAS OF OPERATION *As of November 2023
Tokyo (Shibuya, Meguro, Minato, Setagaya, Shinagawa, Shinjuku, Chuo, Chiyoda, Koto, Sumida, Taito, Bunkyo, Toshima, Nakano, Suginami, Arakawa, Kita, Ota, Itabashi, Adachi, Mitaka, Musashino)
Yokohama City (Kanagawa, Naka and Nishi areas)
Osaka (Kita and Minami areas)
Kyoto (Kyoto City)
Hyogo (Kobe City)
Aichi (Nagoya City)
Other areas and nationwide!
HOW TO USE LUUP
You can use LUUP in [4 steps]!
1. Find LUUP parkings around town
You can find parkings on the app's map
2. Use the in-app camera to read the QR code on the vehicle and unlock it
Select the parking point for returning before the ride to ensure the return of the vehicle (* You can change the place during the ride)
3. Start the ride to the destination
4. End riding when you take a photo of your LUUP bikes or scooters parked in the parking and make an in-app payment
Prices vary by city and region.
Rates for Tokyo, Kyoto City, Yokohama, Kobe, Nagoya and Hiroshima are as follows.
Hourly rates: 200 yen per 30 minutes (tax included)
Rates in Osaka City are as follows
Basic ride fee: 50 yen (including tax) + Time fee: 15 yen per minute (including tax)
*Currently, the same fee applies to both e-scooters and bicycles.
*Prices may differ in areas other than those listed above. Please see the LUUP help page for details.
- Credit card registration is required.
*The name "loop" is sometimes incorrectly used, but the correct name is "LUUP".