Have you always wanted to try yoga but never thought it was for you? Or are you looking for a yoga practice that not only helps you feel good in your body, but also about your body?
Curvy Yoga was born out of yeses to those questions, so if you were nodding your head along, welcome! You’re in the right place.
How You Can Make Yoga Yours
Making yoga work for your body isn’t rocket science. And you don’t need to get a different body to do it. The body you have right now is exactly right for yoga. As is. Full stop.
Here’s how we support you in making yoga work for you here at Curvy Yoga:
- Video practices that fit your body, schedule, and life
- Instructions and encouragement to take up all the space you need on and off the mat
- Information on how to use a variety of props (tools) to make poses more accessible
- Examples and love for moving your belly, making space for your bum, and avoiding death-by-chest-smoosh
- Invitations toward embodiment, or being present in your body, through opportunities to notice what you’re feeling
How You Can Make Yoga a Regular Part of Your Life
Just like there’s no one way to do a yoga pose, there’s also no one way to have a yoga practice. You get to decide on any given day how long it is (our videos range from 5- to 60-minutes in length), where you do it (hello, living room), and what you do (we have loads of choices for that!).
No matter what you choose, here’s just some of what Curvy Yoga can add to your life:
- Experiencing joyful movement that’s about how you feel, not how you look
- Connecting with your body and self more deeply
- Practicing self-care in a concrete, doable way that doesn’t require a second mortgage or three months off
- Giving yourself true opportunities to rest and restore
- Learning how to be with your body with kindness, exactly as it is
How We Can Help
Whether you’re looking for a complete, done-for-you yoga practice, or support and encouragement for your existing practice, we’ve got you covered. Yoga is not one size fits all. And if yoga poses don’t work for your body, they don’t work.
What we’re interested in when you practice yoga:
- What you notice
- How you feel
- Making space for your whole body and full self
- What your breath is doing
- How you connect with yourself
- Finding inner ease even in challenge
- How you speak to yourself
What we’re not interested in when you practice yoga:
- “Achieving” poses
- Keeping up with anyone
- Working so hard you grimace or hold your breath
- What your pose looks like
- How your pose compares to someone else’s
- How fast you can go
We know what it’s like to need to make some space for your belly in poses (and how freeing it can be when you do!). Giving ourselves permission to take up the space and get the support we need has changed our lives and the lives of so many of our students both on and off the yoga mat. And we want that for you, too.
How it works:
- Join the site: It’s as simple as downloading the app!
- Choose a video: We’ve got lots of recommendations to make this easy, and a new video drops every week.
- Start practicing! Step on your mat, hit play, and voila -- you’re doing yoga!
What you get as soon as you sign up:
- Access to our ever-growing video library of 250+ practices from 5- to 60-minutes in length
- New videos every week
- Ability to request videos you’d love to see added to our library
- Weekly emails with updates, resources, and suggested videos to guide your practice
- Monthly bonus podcast
- Ability to favorite videos and create your own individualized practice library
- And much more! All for about the price of one drop-in yoga class per month!
When you have a regular, body-affirming yoga practice, you have the freedom to create the relationship that you really want with both your body and your life.
You belong here. We can’t wait to welcome you in!