Lex is the free text-centered social and dating app for nonbinary, transgender people and lesbian, bisexual, queer, trans women to make meaningful connections. Inspired by old-school newspaper personal ads, Lex encourages queer connections that go beyond swiping on selfies. `
With over 8 million messages sent and people in over 200 countries, Lex is the digital hub for queer folks to chat, date, and make friends worldwide.
Lex is queer owned and operated – we're the social and dating app that centers queer community. Mainstream dating and social platforms see LGBTQ+ people as an afterthought. Lex was created specifically for queer identifying individuals and is designed to meet the unique needs of our community.
WORDS FIRST, SELFIES SECOND 💌
Personals are short chunks of text where people describe their wants and needs.
Write a post describing who you are and what you’re looking for— a steamy queer date, a book club to honor lesbian authors, or gardening tips from gays and prepare for your inbox to be flooded with interested queer people from your area, or from all over the world.
Or write a missed connection— a type of post that gives you a second chance at connecting with someone you previously met or saw in public. Someone might post a missed connection about a LGBTQ looking cutie who smiled at them in line at the farmer's market last weekend but was too shy to say hello.
- Filter posts and missed connections by location, age, and keyword.
- Make a profile: create a username, write-in your pronouns, link to Instagram (if you want to).
- Talk to babes via in-app messaging!
- Is there a creep bumming you out? You can block or report them.
- Read & write posts or missed connections
- Chat with queers in your neighborhood or around the world
- Use search and filter functions to find exactly who you’re looking for
- Build your profile, link your Instagram account (or don't!)
- React to people’s posts or save them for a later date
- Lo-fi, low-key, gentle, sexy
- Free to use, 18+
"Lex is one of the first apps that seems to embrace the queer community’s complexity, not attempt to flatten it." — Vogue
"Lex is a truly vital platform that provides not just for queers looking for a partner, but friendship, community and love in all its diverse forms." — Refinery29
"Often, you see someone differently once you get to know them, and Lex offers the ability to do that without the pressure of curating a certain aesthetic first." — Them
We’re proud to give our users a secure space to meet a friendly and diverse community. We’re dedicated to protecting our members’ data and improving user experience, so you won’t see targeted ads and we won’t sell your data to 3rd party companies.