• With Canvas for Android, you can:
• See your grades
• Submit assignments
• Customize your courses
• Check off your to-do list
• Post to discussions
• Send and receive messages
• Learn more about pandas
• View content and modules
• Watch videos
• Take quizzes
• See notifications
• Listen to podcasts
If your school is using Canvas by Instructure, grab the app and take your education wherever you go.
Teachers, check out our new SpeedGrader app--grading, assignment settings, and much more!
SpeedGrader allows you to:
* View Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, and HTML documents and more
* View photo and video submissions
* Listen to audio submissions
* Grade using different methods including a simple point scale or a complex rubric
* Edit some Assignment settings and due dates
* Mute notifications before grading
* Comment on submissions
* Simple point-comment annotation on supported document types
If you're an instructor who uses Instructure Canvas, let SpeedGrader turn grading from a chore back to a valuable teaching experience.
If you don't have an Instructure Canvas account, talk to your school administration.
Note: Video and audio submission comments will be supported in a future update.
If your instructional pace is too fast or too slow, you’ll lose students to confusion, boredom, or both. The solution is Canvas Polls, which allows you to instantly assess student comprehension with live, in-class polling. Canvas Polls is free, easy-to-use, and leverages students’ own smartphones or tablets, making it more accessible than off-the-shelf devices. It provides the core features needed for active teaching models like peer instruction. And because Canvas Polls integrates with Canvas courses, participation and performance data is saved for every student, so you’ll never lose touch with student understanding.
• Randomly pick a student to call on
• Make a note to yourself about a student
• Post that note to your Canvas GradeBook
• Learn your students' names
If your school is using Canvas by Instructure, grab the app and leave your notecards and popsicle sticks at home. If your school doesn't have Canvas yet, sign up for a free account at canvaslms.com.