RetroArch is an open-source project that makes use of a powerful development interface called Libretro. Libretro is an interface that allows you to make cross-platform applications that can use rich features such as OpenGL, cross-platform camera support, location support, and more in the future.
It comes with its own built-in collection of applications to provide you with a 'one-stop-shop' for entertainment.
Libretro and RetroArch are perfectly suited for creating games and (in the near future) apps leveraging the features of mobile phones and tablets.
RetroArch and the Libretro API has above all proven itself to be a very capable API for emulators, and this package includes an overwhelming amount of open-source emulators to use. Most of these have been vetted by the original authors and have their consent. In the instances where they are not, all effort has been taken to ensure there are no license problems.
* Brand new eye-candy menus to choose from!
* Scan files / directories and add them to game system collections!
* View database information about each game once added to a collection!
* Download programs ('cores') online
* Update everything!
* Download Game & Watch games and play them with our exclusive Game & Watch emulator!
* Built-in input remapping
* Ability to remap controls
* Ability to enter and load cheats
* Multi-language support!
* Over 80+ programs now and counting!
* No DRM
* No restrictions on usage
* No push ads
* No spying
* No ads period
* And best of all, totally free
The goal of the game is to save your frozen friends by pushing them onto lava so they can thaw. It mixes gameplay mechanics from Kickle Cubicle and Sokoban with some lovely ambient homegrown music.
* 50+ levels
* Level editor
* Shaders for enhanced graphics, and/or plain retro graphics for pixel purists
This game comes with a customized standalone version of RetroArch serving as the frontend. This is the first game based solely around the libretro API.
Like libretro/RetroArch, the game is open source and its source can be obtained on Github.