- The current Mobile Wi-Fi Battery level
- Signal strength of connection
- Network and connection status
- Time connected
- Number of Devices Connected to the Mobile Wi-Fi
- Total data used
- SMS status
The Vodafone Secure Device Manager application will not operate without the required back-end Vodafone Secure Device Manager console.
Vodafone Secure Device Manager is a device management solution that lets you secure, monitor, manage and support your entire fleet of smartphones including Android 2.2 or later devices. The Android agent will only work in conjunction with the Vodafone Secure Device Manager console.
This business solution provides your IT department with a single, integrated view of all mobile devices across the organisation, allowing you to increase help desk efficiency, reduce support costs and improve the overall support experience.
Vodafone Secure Device Manager is a web-based solution, providing flexible deployment options to meet different customer IT environments. The back-end server is available as:
• Cloud Based (Software-as-a-Service)
• On-Premise Installation
Vodafone Secure Device Manager provides the following functionality:
• Centralised Over-the-Air Deployments
• Deployment of Business Applications
• Asset Management of all Android 2.2+ devices
• Over-the-Air Enrolments
• Over-the-Air Configurations Management
• Device Security and Policy Enforcement
• Remote Lock & Wipe
• GPS Tracking and Mapping
• Device Grouping and Multi Device Management
• Intelligent Notification and Reporting
Instructions for agent activation:
1) Download and install the Vodafone Secure Device Manager Android agent on your device through Google play (formerly Android Market).
2) Once you have installed the agent onto your device, activate the agent with the server URL, activation code and user credentials as provided by your company IT Administrator.
3) Once completed, your IT Manager can remotely configure your device ensuring it complies with your organisation’s business policies.
If you need assistance or are experiencing problems with the Vodafone Secure Device Manager Android agent or the general Vodafone Secure Device Manager service, please contact your local organisation’s IT support team.
The Managed Browser application provides a safe and accessible alternative to the native web browser for Android managed device users. Corporate IT administrators can customise and configure the Managed Browser to meet unique business and end-user needs, whether the need is to restrict web access from certain websites or to provide a secure internet ""kiosk"" for devices used as a mobile point of sale. By securing all internet transactions and limiting internet access to custom-defined websites in the Managed Browser's Kiosk and Restricted modes, the Managed Browser gives your business the benefits of mobile technology but with fewer distractions and risks.
The administrator can remotely customise and configure the Managed Browser simultaneously with other MDM policies from the centralised VSDM web-based console, providing centralised and easy access to your business' mobile device management and security policies.
There are two main steps required to customise the Vodafone Managed Browser:
- Configure the Security Settings
- Enable a Secure Browser Operation Mode
To begin customising the Managed Browser settings, login to the VSDM Web Console and Navigate to the Managed Browser settings page by selecting Configuration: System Settings: Device: General: Managed Browser.
The Settings page is the primary location for creating and editing all Managed Browser policies. There are two views, Security and Mode. Select a tab to edit the associated settings:
1) Security-Default view that provides options for enabling/disabling features in the Managed Browser that may be a security concern.
2) Mode-Allows the administrator to configure the Secure Browser to one of two modes:
- Kiosk mode restricts users to a single landing page in the browser.
- Restricted mode employs either a blacklist policy for restricted sites or a whitelist policy to limit browsing to allowed sites.
If you need assistance or are experiencing problems with the Vodafone Managed Browser application or VSDM service please contact your local IT support team.