You become financially free when you can stop working for money and when money starts working for you. That’s financial nirvana — and this book shows you how to achieve it.
The book takes you on the liberating journey from financial slavery to financial freedom. It contains 10 commandments for wealth creation and wealth preservation which lead to financial freedom. Step-by-step the book helps you fully understand money and its fascinating, elusive behavior, including the best ways to earn, invest, protect, budget, save, spend and multiply your money. It uncovers the unique rules of money and highlights the common financial mistakes which may be stopping you from becoming rich.
This book boldly challenges — and often upturns — conventional wisdom. It reveals things about money which you may never even have thought of before. Above all, it gives you the roadmap to be financially free — forever:
● The best sources and methods of earning income
●The best ways to invest
● How asset allocation is the secret weapon for creating enduring wealth
● How to pay yourself first via budget surplus
● How to make money from "thin air"
● Beware of liabilities disguised as assets
● How investment assets help set you financially free
● How to unleash the power of good debt to multiply your wealth
● How to protect your money from financial predators.
Mehrab Irani is General Manager, Investments, with Tata Investment Corporation in Mumbai. He is a qualified chartered accountant, company secretary and CFA (Level I) with rich experience in investment research, portfolio management and investment banking. He has diversified experience of both equity and fixed income markets, including research, dealing and portfolio management. He has been responsible for managing the portfolios of a third party (mutual fund) and also proprietary money (corporate). He has also experience of investing in different categories of mutual funds including equity, fixed income and cash management.
Mehrab is fired by an almost missionary zeal for spreading financial knowledge among investors and is utterly convinced that it is possible for anyone to become financially free. He has written numerous articles for many finance and investment journals and online websites. He appears on various TV channels in India, like CNBC, ET Now, NDTV Profit, Bloomberg TV, etc.
Tired of his energy- and money-draining middle-class life, Dr John Pinto decides to end it all by walking into oncoming traffic. But Life has other plans for him! Through a quirky twist of fate, John finds himself saved and launched into a financial pilgrimage across the world. Through a whirligig of exotic, shocking and sometimes dangerous encounters, he learns what it means to be financially independent.
The school of Life introduces him to people who have learned the 10 commandments of financial freedom the hard way. From Afghani terrorists to Kenyan marathon runners, from Bangkok prostitutes to Chinese mystics and many more – each soul on this incredible journey holds a key insight into the relationship between man and money. To achieve true freedom, John will have to face it all – a turbulent odyssey of hair-raising adventure, unexpected teachers, monetary rewards and an overarching mission.
A dazzling novel, written with wit, compassion, intelligence and deep humanity; travel with John Pinto to unearth the secrets of a rich life.
MEHRAB IRANI is General Manager, Investments, at Tata Investment Corporation, Mumbai. He has diverse experience in both equity and fixed income markets, including research, dealing and portfolio management. Mehrab is fired by an almost missionary zeal for spreading financial knowledge among investors. His ability to connect abstract concepts to real life situations using his powerful imagination and plethora of skills reverberates through all his work. He is a prolific writer for newspapers, websites and his blog: www.intelligentmoney.blogspot.com. He also appears regularly on CNBC, ET Now, NDTV Profit, Bloomerg and radio.
If you want to make positive changes in your life and achieve your long-term goals, I can’t think of a better way to do it than to learn how to become more self-disciplined.
Science has figured out a lot of interesting aspects of self-discipline and willpower, but most of this knowledge is buried deep inside long and boring scientific papers.
If you’d like to benefit from these studies without actually reading them, this book is for you. I’ve done the job for you and researched the most useful and viable scientific findings that will help you improve your self-discipline.
Here are just a couple things you will learn from the book:
- what a bank robber with lemon juice on his face can teach you about self-control. The story will make you laugh out loud, but its implications will make you think twice about your ability to control your urges.
- how $50 chocolate bars can motivate you to keep going when faced with an overwhelming temptation to give in.
- why President Obama wears only gray and blue suits and what it has to do with self-control (it’s also a possible reason why the poor stay poor).
- why the popular way of visualization can actually prevent you from reaching your goals and destroy your self-control (and what to do instead).
- what dopamine is and why it’s crucial to understand its role to break your bad habits and form good ones.
- 5 practical ways to train your self-discipline. Discover some of the most important techniques to increase your self-control and become better at resisting instant gratification.
- why the status quo bias will threaten your goals and what to do to reduce its effect on your resolutions.
- why extreme diets help people achieve long-term results, and how to apply these findings in your own life.
- why and when indulging yourself can actually help you build your self-discipline. Yes, you can stuff yourself (from time to time) and still lose weight.
Instead of sharing with you the detailed "why" (with confusing and boring descriptions of studies), I will share with you the "how" – advice that will change your life if you decide to follow it.
You too can master the art of self-discipline and learn how to resist temptations. Your long term goals are worth it. Scroll up and buy the book now.
As a gift for buying my book, you'll get my another book, "Grit: How to Keep Going When You Want to Give Up."
Develop self discipline, willpower and self discipline, self-discipline, self control books, stress, reach your goals, self-control, achieve your goals, instant gratification, long term goals, goal setting success, goal setting books, how to reach your goals, how to achieve your goals, persistence, how not to give up, stick to a diet, stay motivated, build habits, delayed gratification, personal development