Reviews of previous editions:
"This text provides a balanced focus on both the conceptual and practical aspects of learning disabilities. Its research coverage is more comprehensive and of greater depth than any other LD textbook, and it is distinctive in its treatment of such important areas as consultation skills and service delivery." -CHILD ASSESSMENT NEWS "... provides a broad overview of some important issues in relation to the education and development of pupils with learning disabilities... Wong has succeeded in providing detailed descriptions and comments within a book which covers a broad range of topics. Without exception the chapters are clearly written and accessible, and many provide the reader with challenging ideas and practical suggestions." -BRITISH JOURNAL OF SPECIAL EDUCATION
- Learning Disabilities occur in 20% of the population. Three million children in the US have a learning disability and receive special education in school.
- 30% of children with learning disabilities drop out of high school, and 48% of those with learning disabilities are out of the workforce or unemployed.
- Discusses different types of learning disabilities including problems with attention, memory, language, math, reading, and writing
- Encompasses the impact of LD on learning as well as social competence and self-regulation
- Provides research summaries on most effective ways to teach children with LD
- Encompasses a lifespan perspective on LD, discussing the impact on children, adolescents, and adults