Written with the needs of today's student in mind, the SAGE Key Concepts series provides accessible, authoritative and reliable coverage of the essential issues in a range of disciplines. Written in each case by experienced and respected experts in the subject area, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages understanding without sacrificing the level of detail and critical evaluation essential to convey the complexity of the issues.
Key Concepts in Leisure Studies:
• Provides a student-friendly guide to the key debates in leisure studies
• Reflects recent developments in the field, encompassing related work in media studies, cultural studies, sports studies and sociology
• Cross-references each 1500 word exposition to other concepts in the field
• Offers definitions, section outlines and further reading guidance for independent learning
• Is supported by the author's website http:/www.arasite.org/keyconc.html
• Is essential reading for undergraduates and NVQ students in leisure studies.
In its reflective essays, Be Sure to Pick Up the Pearls rests its shared wisdom on a basic insight that one gains wisdom from experience and that every experience contains a lesson worth learning. Some of the chapters titles, such as The Fitted Sheet and The Hot Stove and Red Flags, hint at bits of wisdom arising from lifes mundane elements. Other titles, like Listening and To Be There for Another, point to the lessons that emerge from relationships. In other chapters, including Ten Choices You Can Make to Reduce Stress and Manifesting Ones Dream, self-reflection becomes the classroom in which one gains wisdom.
Recognizing that everyone who is still living retains the opportunity to gain wisdom, Be Sure to Pick Up the Pearls: Reflections on Life stands ready to pass on to the reader knowledge the author has gained and now offers to others. If you have discovered that life reminds you that the learning never ends, then Pick Up the Pearls will offer you insights to add to the string of pearls you are fashioning from the lessons life teaches you with each passing day.