Highly regarded as a women''s health expert and advocate; as a physician educator and as a media commentator, Dr. Moore is the Founder and President of DrDonnica.com, a popular women’s health information website launched in Sept. 2000. She is also Founder and President of Sapphire Women’s Health Group LLC, a multimedia women’s health education and communications firm.
Team-written by female specialists in the US and UK, all of whom are experts intheir respective fields.
· breast cancer - screening, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, genetics
· benign breast disease - benign lumps, breast pain, infections menstrual problems - menorrhagia (heavy periods), dysmenorrhoea (painful periods), irregular periods
· premenstrual syndrome ? why it occurs, treatment
· menopause - common and less well recognized symptoms; HRT and non-hormonal alternatives
· chronic pelvic pain
· cervical screening and cervical cancer, including vaccination and controversies (supposed adverse effects etc)
· cervical cancer, cervical polyps and erosions
· endometriosis and endometrial cancer
· ovarian cancer and benign ovarian disease
· sexual health
* EARLY CHILDHOOD YEARS - how to cope with your daughter's physical and emotional development and ease her journey from girlhood to womanhood...
* REPRODUCTIVE YEARS - juggling career and family relationships - how best to care for your health (and sanity) during these challenging years...
* PERIMENOPAUSAL AND MENOPAUSAL YEARS - a time of uncertainty for many - how to achieve a sense of balance and wellbeing during these years of transition...
* ACTIVE RETIREMENT AND BEYOND - making the most of these 'freedom' years and how to stay active and independent for as long as possible...
Drawing on conventional and proven complementary therapies, Dr Leonard explains how we can prevent and treat a range of conditions through diet, exercise and lifestyle changes. She also provides tips on beauty and skincare that will help us all to look and feel our best - whatever our age.
Replacing doubt and uncertainty with sound, trustworthy advice, this must-have guide provides women of all ages with the very latest information they need to make informed choices about health and wellbeing for themselves, their families and friends.
"the glowing ghosts of the radium girls haunt us still."—NPR Books
The incredible true story of the women who fought America's Undark danger
The Curies' newly discovered element of radium makes gleaming headlines across the nation as the fresh face of beauty, and wonder drug of the medical community. From body lotion to tonic water, the popular new element shines bright in the otherwise dark years of the First World War.
Meanwhile, hundreds of girls toil amidst the glowing dust of the radium-dial factories. The glittering chemical covers their bodies from head to toe; they light up the night like industrious fireflies. With such a coveted job, these "shining girls" are the luckiest alive — until they begin to fall mysteriously ill.
But the factories that once offered golden opportunities are now ignoring all claims of the gruesome side effects, and the women's cries of corruption. And as the fatal poison of the radium takes hold, the brave shining girls find themselves embroiled in one of the biggest scandals of America's early 20th century, and in a groundbreaking battle for workers' rights that will echo for centuries to come.
Written with a sparkling voice and breakneck pace, The Radium Girls fully illuminates the inspiring young women exposed to the "wonder" substance of radium, and their awe-inspiring strength in the face of almost impossible circumstances. Their courage and tenacity led to life-changing regulations, research into nuclear bombing, and ultimately saved hundreds of thousands of lives...
In Korea, healthy, glowing skin is the ideal form of beauty. It's considered achievable by all, men and women, young and old—and it begins with adopting a skin-first mentality. Now, this Korean beauty philosophy has taken the world by storm!
As the founder of Soko Glam, a leading Korean beauty and lifestyle website, esthetician and beauty expert Charlotte Cho guides you through the world-renowned Korean ten-step skin-care routine—and far beyond—to help you achieve the clearest and most radiant skin of your life With Charlotte's step-by-step tutorials, skin-care tips, and advice on what to look for in products at all price levels, you'll learn how to pamper and care for your skin at home with Korean-approved techniques and pull off the "no makeup" makeup look we've seen and admired on women in the streets of Seoul. And you'll get access to beauty secrets from Charlotte's favorite beauty gurus from around the world, including supermodels, YouTube sensations, top makeup artists, magazine editors, actresses, and leading Korean skincare researchers.
With the knowledge of an expert and voice of a trusted friend, Charlotte's personal tour through Korean beauty culture will help you find joy in the everyday beauty routines that will transform your skin.