“When you’re living in balance between your emotions and logic, you’re experiencing Wise Mind Living,” explains Dr. Olivo. “It’s when you have the confidence to deal with difficult decisions or situations because you’re in charge—not your emotions.” The teachings and practices in this book give you a new understanding of the physiology of emotions and the debilitating effects of stress. Dr. Olivo provides mindfulness-based exercises and lifestyle skills to help us change the way we think, feel, and behave in situations where stress and anxiety arise, and gives practical instruction in putting it all together to manage your emotions for health and well-being.
Wise Mind Living invites you to explore:
- Mindfulness—what it is and how to practice it
- Combining the strategies of change and acceptance
- The universal structure of all emotional experience
- Becoming fluent with the eight core categories of emotion
- Why there is no such thing as a “negative” emotion
- The Wise Mind Review to objectively observe your experiences
- Overcoming conditioned responses and knee-jerk reactions
- Relinquishing struggle as the pathway to change
- Plus, step-by-step instruction in Dr. Olivo’s six-week Wise Mind Living program
For anyone looking to get a handle on stress and anxiety once and for all, Wise Mind Living gives you a practical resource to help you navigate life’s difficulties with balance, confidence, and inner peace.
About the author
Erin Olivo, PhD, is an assistant clinical professor of medical psychology at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. She is the former director of the Columbia Integrative Medicine Program, which she headed in collaboration with Dr. Mehmet Oz. Dr. Olivo has intensive training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and clinical hypnosis, and has a psychotherapy practice in New York City. Learn more at erinolivo.com