· How statistics function in counseling research and practice
· Easy to read explanations of basic stats like measurement, averages, correlations
· Simple descriptions of statistical tests like t tests, ANOVA, chi square
· Important review of test score reliability and validity
· Includes an extensive glossary
· Practice with answers
· Links to online resources
What Reviewers Say About Applied Statistics
Even though I completed multiple graduate level statistics courses, I benefitted from the simple and straight forward content of this text. Practice tests at the end of chapters helps assess learning and application. This is a great refresher resource for counselors and beginning graduate students.
Christine Arnzen, Ph.D., LPC, Associate Professor, Evangel University; Coordinator, Graduate Counseling Programs
Geoffrey W. Sutton has worked as a counselor and psychologist in schools, hospitals, and community settings. He has taught tests and measurements to university students and supervised clinical and neuropsychologists. His publications including tests used by counselors, psychologists, and scientists.