* Crack passwords and wireless network keys with brute-forcing and wordlists
* Test web applications for vulnerabilities
* Use the Metasploit Framework to launch exploits and write your own Metasploit modules
* Automate social-engineering attacks
* Bypass antivirus software
* Turn access to one machine into total control of the enterprise in the post exploitation phase
You’ll even explore writing your own exploits. Then it’s on to mobile hacking—Weidman’s particular area of research—with her tool, the Smartphone Pentest Framework.
With its collection of hands-on lessons that cover key tools and strategies, Penetration Testing is the introduction that every aspiring hacker needs.
Georgia Weidman is a penetration tester, researcher, and the founder of Bulb Security, a security consulting firm. She has presented at conferences around the world, including BlackHat, Shmoocon, and Derbycon, and teaches classes on topics like penetration testing, mobile hacking, and exploit development. In 2012, she was awarded a DARPA Cyber Fast Track grant to continue her work in mobile device security.