Each Chapter and Guide is made up of multiple associated articles from the likes-of award-winning sci-fi authors David Brin and Peter Watts, academics including Dr Kristine Larsen and Alan Shapiro, Lost community leaders such as Jon Lachonis, news producers, comedy writers … and professional and lay bloggists who spawned a revolution in television criticism.
Just the ‘Ending’ chapter alone has over 30 articles, opinions and insights to further challenge your perspective.
The sumptuous Episode Guide is a definitive resource of over 350 articles with at least two reviews of each episode as well as synopses, tidbits and a comprehensive archive of intertextual references within each episode.
Other chapters include;
- Cast and Characters which gives an incite to the characters role in the overall drama … as well provide juicy titbits about the actors careers;
- Mythology,' which includes posts on the Smoke Monster, DHARMA, the Frozen Donkey Wheel, and how religion was reflected on the series;
- Philosophy, ranging from scholarly but accessible posts on the philosophy and philosophers referenced in the show, to a post on how the series affected one writer's personal philosophy;
- Structure, including discussions on the flashback/forward/sideways, the DHARMA stations, and a physicist's explanation of the science of time travel;
- Interviews with the showrunners and writers throughout the lifetime of the series.
and much much more.