In the book we'll deliver:
* An introduction to monitoring, metrics and measurement.
* A scalable framework for monitoring hosts (including Docker and containers), services and applications built on top of the Riemann event stream processor.
* Graphing and metric storage using Graphite and Grafana.
* Logging with Logstash.
* A framework for high quality and useful notifications
* Techniques for developing and building monitorable applications
* A capstone that puts all the pieces together to monitor a multi-tier application.
About the author
James Turnbull is the author of numerous technical books about engineering and infrastructure and is a long-time member of the open source community.
James is currently CTO at Empatico, an education technology start-up in New York. He was previously CTO at Kickstarter, VP of Services at Docker Inc, VP of Engineering at Venmo and at Puppet Labs running Operations and Professional Services.