About the book:
This book guides the readers step by step through the development of cross-platform mobile applications for the iPhone, the most successful mobile platform these days.
The author describes the step by step procedure to complete mobile application development, from installing a development environment, PhoneGap and jQuery Mobile frameworks, introducing their features and functions, and clearly get you through
step-by-step creation of a typical iPhone application also with testing it in the emulator and subsequently uploading it to the Apple AppStore.
The book contains the following topics:
Design and development of real mobile applications for the iOS platform step by step
- Using the jQuery Mobile and PhoneGap frameworks
- Debugging and testing mobile applications in emulator and real device
- Working with GPS and maps
- Processing server data
- Distributing the application in Apple Appstore and its monetization
- Description of the Xcode environment
The book will answer the following questions:
- Why use HTML5 and PhoneGap technologies to develop cross-platform applications?
- What options do the PhoneGap and jQuery Mobile frameworks bring?
- What is a cross-platform application?
- How to design and program a mobile application for the iPhone?
- How to get the resulting application to Appstore?
Jiří Vávrů is a developer of mobile applications for the Android and iPhone platforms, currently working on the development of information and Affiliate systems as a Junior Software Architect at Bugweis s.r.o.
He dedicated several years of his life to development of mobile applications and created several applications on the above-mentioned platforms.
Besides the development of native applications, he also develops cross-platform mobile applications, especially by using Sensa Touch,
Lungo and JS Kendo UI frameworks. His other favorite programming language is Java, PHP, especially CakePHP and Zend framework, which provides complex API for serverside mobile applications. You can follow him on Twitter :