* ALL 12 novels, with concise introductions and contents tables
* images of how the books first appeared, giving your eReader a taste of the original texts
* includes Twain's rare unfinished novel 'The Mysterious Stranger', often missed out of collections
* ALL of the short stories, with quality formatting
* the short stories have their own chronological and alphabetical contents tables - find that special story easily!
* Twain's 20 short story contributions to "The Library of Humor", with their own contents table
* even INCLUDES Twain's complete letters, essays and satires - with their own special contents tables
* ALL of the travel writing, with contents tables
* includes Twain's "Chapters from My Autobiography"
* SPECIAL BONUS texts, including three contemporary Twain biographies - explore the great man's amazing life in Paine's and Howells' famous biographies!
* UPDATED with a special literary criticism section, with various works exploring Twain's contribution to literature
* UPDATED with Archibald Henderson's critical study MARK TWAIN
* UPDATED with the complete speeches
* scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
The eBook also includes a front no-nonsense table of contents to allow easy navigation around Twain's immense oeuvre. Welcome to hours upon hours upon hours of reading one of literature's most famous storytellers!
THE GILDED AGE: A TALE OF TODAY
THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER
THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER
ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN
and many more!
The Short Stories (too many to list!)
CHRONOLOGICAL LIST OF SHORT STORIES
ALPHABETICAL LIST OF SHORT STORIES
MARK TWAIN'S LIBRARY OF HUMOR
The Essays and Satires
LIST OF TWAIN'S ESSAYS AND SATIRES
The Travel Writing
THE INNOCENTS ABROAD
A TRAMP ABROAD
FOLLOWING THE EQUATOR
SOME RAMBLING NOTES OF AN IDLE EXCURSION
OLD TIMES ON THE MISSISSIPPI
and many more!
THE COMPLETE LETTERS OF MARK TWAIN
THE COMPLETE SPEECHES
MARK TWAIN BY ARCHIBALD HENDERSON
MARK TWAIN BY BRANDER MATTHEWS
THE AMERICANS BY DAVID CHRISTIE MURRAY
MARK TWAIN BY FREDERICK WADDY
NEW YORK TIMES ARTICLES
CHAPTERS FROM MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY BY M.TWAIN
MY MARK TWAIN BY WILLIAM DEAN HOWELLS
MARK TWAIN A BIOGRAPHY BY A.B. PAINE
THE BOYS' LIFE OF MARK TWAIN BY A. B. PAINE
Commentary by Thomas Perry Sergeant, Bernard DeVoto, Clifton Fadiman, T. S. Eliot, and Leo Marx
“All modern American literature comes from one book by Mark Twain called Huckleberry Finn,” Ernest Hemingway wrote. “It’s the best book we’ve had.” A complex masterpiece that spawned controversy right from the start (it was banished from the Concord library shelves in 1885), it is at heart a compelling adventure story. Huck, in flight from his murderous father, and Jim, in flight from slavery, pilot their raft through treacherous waters, surviving a crash with a steamboat and betrayal by rogues. As Norman Mailer has said, “The mark of how good Huckleberry Finn has to be is that one can compare it to a number of our best modern American novels and it stands up page for page.”
HarperPerennial Classics brings great works of literature to life in digital format, upholding the highest standards in ebook production and celebrating reading in all its forms. Look for more titles in the HarperPerennial Classics collection to build your digital library.
The original flavor of these classics has been carefully retained in these abridged versions.
Must be read by the youth, housewives, students and executives.
Enriched eBook Features Editor R. Kent Rasmussen provides the following specially commissioned features for this Enriched eBook Classic:
* Filmography and Stills from the 1920 Silent Film Huckleberry Film
* Contemporary Reviews of Huckleberry Finn
* Further Reading
* Online Mark Twain Resources and Places to Visit
* Photos of Mark Twain Sites and First Edition Frontispiece
* Selection of E.W. Kemble’s Illustrations for the First Edition of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and John Harley’s Illustrations for the First Edition of Life on the Mississippi
* Enriched eBook Notes
The enriched eBook format invites readers to go beyond the pages of these beloved works and gain more insight into the life and times of an author and the period in which the book was originally written for a rich reading experience.