R.H. Sin’s poems are often only a few lines long, and yet the emotional punch of his language gives these words an enduring power beyond the short page. He doesn't back away from the pains and struggles of life and love, and yet his determined, unapologetic voice provides a measure of comfort and a message of perseverance that is at once realistic and indomitable. This blend of determination and painful vulnerability gives his poetry a distinctive, engaging flavor.
98 Things a Woman Should Do in Her Lifetime invites the reader to enjoy simple pleasures brimming with compassion, humor, and spirituality while saving a trip to the therapist's office. Among the 98 nuggets of inspiration:
* Tell Richard Simmons to just shut up and sit down.
* Sing to a child.
* Learn a few choice phrases in French or Russian to use when flirting or angry.
* Create an altar in honor of your female ancestors and mentors.
* Interview three plastic surgeons and tell them why your body's flaws are precious to you.
* Whisper your darkest secrets to a beloved tree.
* Forgive the unforgivable.
98 Things a Woman Should Do in Her Lifetime can help a woman live out her adventurous fantasies with outrageous style.
Lee's colorful old farts have been featured in boardrooms and bedrooms from snowy New England to balmy Boca Raton. They are the disappearing breed of ruthless senior industrialists and a growing legion of hapless victims of modern technology. His old farts face daunting doctors, pets that tyrannize their homes, and spouses who'd rather push them out of a moving car than share the last piece of coffee cake. C'est la vie, for an old fart. Welcome to Lee Lorenz's world.
Old Farts Are Forever is the fabled cartoonist's first collection. The millions of age-challenged Americans and the masses of New Yorker cartoon fiends who love Lee won't be disappointed.
"I looked in the mirror one day and discovered that after so many years of drawing old farts, I had become one. Old Farts Are Forever is both a celebration of America's favorite minority and an apology to a public I now realize was right all along." --Lee Lorenz
In The Two of Us, authors Ellen Small and Jim Dale pay tribute to those special relationships between girlfriends of every age.
The Two of Us helps girlfriends tell each other just how they feel about their most special alliance. In this delightful gift book, they'll find touching words about the true meaning of friendship and photographs that evoke a spirit of warmth and camaraderie.
The two of us . . .
* cry at TV commercials about reunions . . . but would never admit it to anyone else.
* can eat a party-size bag of M and M's in one sitting.
* have a sense when things will go on sale.
* love dancing and would dance with each other if it wasn't so queer.