Writing for the Web has many facets and uses. As one of the most sought-after and needed skills, it has often become an exercise of bringing together a brand with a voice. This eBook takes a look at many different aspects of copywriting in the online sector. From avoiding pitfalls to optimizing content and turning words into marketing tools, this book highlights the real-word experiences of Smashing’s authors. Perfect for those looking to get into the world of content development for online platforms, this eBook expertly pinpoints the key things one must know before beginning a journey into copywriting.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Quick Course On Effective Website Copywriting
- Five Copywriting Errors That Can Ruin A Company’s Website
- Introducing The 6 + 1 Model For Effective Copywriting
- Design With Dissonance
- How Content Creators Benefit From The New SEO
- How To Improve Your Branding With Your Content
- The Art Of Content Marketing
- Content Meaning
- 10 Ways To Put Your Content In Front Of More People
The practical approaches for designing better UX cover mobile apps, adaptive systems, and multi-screen experiences. The eBook is packed with in-depth tips and tricks shared by experts from the industry. They consider the importance of straightforward yet personal microcopy, explore the strengths and weaknesses of infinite scrolling, and take a look at how well-crafted feedback loops can influence a user's behavior.
Once we decide to create a well-balanced experience, all of the covered aspects in this eBook have to be thoroughly considered, i.e. when is the user experience fostered and when is it curbed? If you've been looking for a valuable resource for your daily UX routine, you can now stop searching.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- When You Shouldn't Use Fitt's Law To Measure User Experience
- Five Ways To Prevent Bad Microcopy
- Infinite Scrolling: Let's Get To The Bottom Of This
- Designing Great Feedback Loops
- Sketching For Better Mobile Experiences
- Converting Our Stories Into Multi-Screen Experiences
- Creating An Adaptive System To Enhance UX
Is empathy possibly the best guarantor for great UX? Overcoming traditional patterns and designing with a new type of user in mind is among the many topics of this eBook.
Of course, you can also get your hands on some future scenarios. The Smashing authors dare to sneak a peak at some new challenges that we could face with the rise of innovative technologies such as Google Glass and Leap Motion, and explore how we can embrace entirely gesture-driven interfaces today. This eBook is a springboard for developing a new perspective and for creating future-proof user experiences.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Thirteen Tenets Of User Experience Design
- Improving Your Website Usability Test
- Designing For The Multifaceted User
- 50 Design Problems In 50 Days: Real Empathy For Innovation
- Beyond The Button: Embracing The Gesture-Driven Interface
- What Leap Motion And Google Glass Mean For Future User Experience
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Picturefill 2.0: Responsive Images And The Perfect Polyfill
- Responsive Images Done Right: A Guide To <picture> And srcset
- Automate Your Responsive Images With Mobify.js
- One Solution To Responsive Images
- Addressing The Responsive Images Performance Problem: A Case Study
- Clown Car Technique: Solving Adaptive Images In Responsive Web Design
- Simple Responsive Images With CSS Background Images
- Responsive Images With WordPress’ Featured Images
- Responsive Image Container: A Way Forward For Responsive Images?
- Rethinking Responsive SVG