This book shows you how to start adapting the language now to realize its benefits on today’s browsers. It concentrates on the practical—the problems HTML5 can solve for you right away. By following the book’s hands-on HTML5 code examples you’ll learn about:
- new semantics and structures to help your site become richer and more accessible
- using and controlling native multimedia
- how to build more intelligent web forms
- implementing new storage options and web databases, including both WebSQL and IndexedDB
- how geolocation works with HTML5 in both web and mobile applications
And this new edition adds:
- even more detail on canvas, geolocation and offline storage options
- a peek around the corner for audio and video’s new element, subtitling formats, in-browser web conference
- browser history controls to make applications more usable and bookmarkable
- ways to use HTML5 now in older browsers
* Discusses various HTML5 APIs with Android and iOS
* Contains CSS3 and HTML5 Canvas graphics and animation effects
* Uses jQuery Mobile to develop hybrid HTML5 Mobile apps
* Uses PhoneGap to develop hybrid HTML5 Mobile apps
* Provides supplemental code samples and videos on the DVD
eBook Customers: Companion files are available for downloading with order number/proof of purchase by writing to the publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turn plain words and images into stunning websites using HTML5 and this beautiful, full-colour guide. Taking you beyond the constraints of prebuilt themes and simple site building tools, this new Treehouse book combines practicality with inspiration to show you how to create fully customized, modern, and dazzling websites that make viewers want to stop and stay.
Leverage pages of dazzling website design ideas and expert instruction with a new Treehouse Series book.
You'll learn how to:Lose that pesky Flash habit by embracing native HTML5 videoSet type that truly supports your messageBuild intelligent web forms that users will love!Design modern web apps the shine on mobile devicesCreate dynamic, efficient graphics on the fly with SVG and canvasUse shiny new APIs to add geolocation and offline functionalityBuild your own full featured HTML5 website, the HTML5 Herald
This easy-to-follow guide is illustrated with lots of examples, and leads readers through the process of creating great websites from start to finish using HTML5 and CSS3.
Among others, you will discover how renowned projects such as the Financial Times Web app or the Nike Better World website were built, and learn from the success story of a translation app that made it into Apple's top ten charts. You'll also get an insight into Google's User Experience Lab, and (illustrated by the example of Pinterest) explore the importance of paint performance. Furthermore, our Smashing authors share valuable lessons learned in the course of their careers — from both successes and failures. This eBook is full of handy tips, ideas, and personal experiences that are beneficial to any Web professional.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Building The New Financial Times Web App
- Bringing Angry Birds To Facebook
- Behind The Scenes Of Nike Better World
- Behind The Scenes Of Tourism New Zealand
- Tale Of A Top-10 App, Part 1: Idea And Design
- Tale Of A Top-10 App, Part 2: Marketing And Launch
- Gone In 60 Frames Per Second: A Pinterest Paint Performance Case Study
- Inside Google's User Experience Lab: An Interview With Google's Marcin Wichary
- Mistakes I've Made (And Lessons Learned Along The Way)
HTML5, touted as the most important change to the Web since the development of CSS, is now widely adopted by browser makers and supported by numerous hardware devices, including Apple iPhone and iPad and Google Android. Because implementation is so new, designers and developers are just cracking the surface as they begin using the markup language in existing or newly developed Web sites, and for designing across multiple platforms.
This enhanced e-book combines 2½ hours of training video with a 96-page reference guide. The code examples in the guide offer a solid introduction to HTML5 and explain in detail how you can start using it today. Whether you’re an HTML standards advocate using mobile devices, a Flash developer wanting to pick up additional skills for your toolset, or simply taking your first steps in HTML5, by the end of this video you’ll have the most important information about HTML5 to use it now, including:The key features that have changed in HTML5 and how to transition from HTML 4 and XHTML New HTML5 improvements in semantics and interface elements such as forms Support for native vector graphics, audio, and video Progressive enhancement techniques that take advantage of new HTML5 semantics while keeping your content compatible
Run time: 2h 43m 47s
Due to the incredibly rich media included in your enhanced eBook, you may experience longer than usual download times. Please be patient while your product is delivered.