HTML5 and CSS3 for the Real World is ideal for any web designer or developer who wants to start using the latest generation of web technologies in their everyday work.
This book will teach you how to:
- understand the new semantic markup available in HTML5
- use CSS3 to make sites beautiful without sacrificing clean markup or resorting to complex workarounds
- employ native HTML5 video and audio in your pages
- use web fonts to enrich a site's typography
- make web applications accessible using WAI-ARIA
- make the most of the new HTML form elements.
It also features:
- details on all the new HTML5 and CSS3 elements and features
- information on the current level of browser support
- advice for creating great experiences for all users thanks to progressive enhancement.
A Guide to Modern Web Development
Today's web technologies are evolving at near-light speed, bringing the promise of a seamless Internet ever closer to reality. When users can browse the Web on a three-inch phone screen as easily as on a fifty-inch HDTV, what's a developer to do?
Learn how to:
- Plan your content so that it displays fluidly across multiple devices
- Design websites to interact with devices using the most up-to-date APIs, including Geolocation, Orientation, and Web Storage
- Incorporate cross-platform audio and video without using troublesome plug-ins
- Make images and graphics scalable on high-resolution devices with SVG
- Use powerful HTML5 elements to design better forms
Turn outdated websites into flexible, user-friendly ones that take full advantage of the unique capabilities of any device or browser. With the help of The Modern Web, you'll be ready to navigate the front lines of device-independent development.