Are you curious about Islam? New to Islam? This is the perfect book. Trying to introduce a friend to Islam? This makes a great gift.
The Quran is the direct Word of God. It contains guidance, mercy, and healing. This book provides the most-read Quran chapters, translated into modern English.
[The Heifer 62]
Those who believe, and those who are Jewish, and the Christians, and the Sabeans-any who believe in God and the Last Day, and act righteously-will have their reward with their Lord; they have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Say, "He is God, the One.
2. God, the Absolute.
3. He begets not, nor was He begotten.
4. And there is nothing comparable to Him."
[The Opening 1-7]
1. In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
2. Praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds.
3. The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
4. Master of the Day of Judgment.
5. It is You we worship, and upon You we call for help.
6. Guide us to the straight path.
7. The path of those You have blessed, not of those against whom there is anger, nor of those who are misguided.
God is the Supreme Ruler of the Heavens and the Earth. He is the Originator of all things, and the Sustainer of all beings. He is the Sublime Creator of all the worlds, the Most Dignified, the Almighty, the Merciful. God is the First and the Last, the Hidden and the Obvious, the Loving and the Forgiving, the Living and the Immortal. He feeds and He is never fed.
God communicates with humanity. It is He who revealed the Torah, and the Gospel, and the Quran. These Divine Books contain guidance, light, mercy, and healing. Prophet Muhammad is the last of the Prophets. He received the Quran from God, through inspiration.
The Quran was translated into many languages, and many English translations of the Quran exist today. The translation by Talal Itani is in plain English, and is pure and very accurate.
Talal Itani studied the Quran over a period of 15 years. He is an electronics engineer, religion researcher, and writer. His translation of the Quran is clear, easy to read, and highly faithful to the Arabic original.
ClearQuran publishes the Quran in multiple formats, including websites, Apps, eBooks, videos, and print.
[Chapter 81 - The Rolling]
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. When the sun is rolled up.
2. When the stars are dimmed.
3. When the mountains are set in motion.
4. When the relationships are suspended.
5. When the beasts are gathered.
6. When the oceans are set aflame.
7. When the souls are paired.
8. When the girl, buried alive, is asked:
9. For what crime was she killed?
10. When the records are made public.
11. When the sky is peeled away.
12. When the Fire is set ablaze.
13. When Paradise is brought near.
14. Each soul will know what it has readied.
15. I swear by the galaxies.
16. Precisely running their courses.
17. And by the night as it recedes.
18. And by the morn as it breathes.
19. This is the speech of a noble messenger.
20. Endowed with power, eminent with the Lord of the Throne.
21. Obeyed and honest.
22. Your friend is not possessed.
23. He saw him on the luminous horizon.
24. And He does not withhold knowledge of the Unseen.
25. And it is not the word of an accursed devil.
26. So where are you heading?
27. It is only a Reminder to all mankind.
28. To whoever of you wills to go straight.
29. But you cannot will, unless God wills-The Lord of the Worlds.
(1) Field Testing the Communication of Divine Message: The unique feature of this translation is its field testing for over 3 1/2 years to improve the communication and understanding of the Divine Message. Translation passages were given to the New Muslim and Non-Muslim high school and college students for reading under the supervision of various Ulema (scholars). After reading, the person was asked to explain as to what he/she understood from the passage. If his/her understanding was the same as is in the Arabic Text of the Holy Qur'an then we concluded that we have been successful in conveying the Divine Message properly. If his/her understanding was different than what the Qur'anic verses were stating, we kept on rewording the translation until those verses were understood properly. It was tremendous patience on part of the participants. May Allah reward them all.
(2) Simplicity: In this translation Simple Language and Direct Approach is used for appealing to the common sense of scholars and common people.
(3) Understandability: There are no foot notes to refer and no commentary or lengthy explanations to read. All necessary explanations have been incorporated right there in the text with italic type setting to differentiate from the translation of the meanings of Qur'anic Arabic Text.
(4) Outline of Pertinent Information: Before the start of each Srah, information relating to its Period of Revelation, Major Issues, Divine Laws and Guidance has been presented as an outline. Then a summary of the preceding events has been tabulated for the reader to understand the histo! rical background to grasp the full meaning of the Divine Message.
(5) Reviews, Input and Approvals: This project was started in 1991 and initial draft completed in 1994. Then the Translation was sent to different Ulema (Scholars) in Town and throughout United States for their review and input. After their reviews and input it was sent to Jme Al-Azhar Al-Sharif in Egypt, Ummal Qur in Saudi Arabia and International Islamic University in Pakistan for their review, input and approval. This translation was published after their reviews and approvals.
Drawn from a wide range of traditional Islamic commentaries, including Sunni and Shia sources, and from legal, theological, and mystical texts, The Study Quran conveys the enduring spiritual power of the Quran and offers a thorough scholarly understanding of this holy text.
Beautifully packaged with a rich, attractive two-color layout, this magnificent volume includes essays by 15 contributors, maps, useful notes and annotations in an easy-to-read two-column format, a timeline of historical events, and helpful indices. With The Study Quran, both scholars and lay readers can explore the deeper spiritual meaning of the Quran, examine the grammar of difficult sections, and explore legal and ritual teachings, ethics, theology, sacred history, and the importance of various passages in Muslim life.
With an introduction by its general editor, Seyyed Hossein Nasr, here is a nearly 2,000-page, continuous discussion of the entire Quran that provides a comprehensive picture of how this sacred work has been read by Muslims for over 1,400 years.
Arabic text is sharp, beautiful, and easy to follow. English translation is simple, easy to understand, and faithful to the Arabic. Ayas are written individually, for convenient learning. Arabic and English are in parallel, for continuous reading.
The Quran is the word of God, revealed to humanity, though the Messenger Muhammad. The Quran is the direct speech of God, to the reader. The Quran contains guidance, mercy, and healing. It is the eternal truth, the everlasting miracle. The Quran is beyond doubt from the Lord of the Universe.
God is the Creator of the Heavens and Earth. He is the Supreme, the Almighty, the Wise. God was never begotten, nor does He ever beget others. He is the Lord of the Worlds, the Most High, the Forgiving. Out of his Mercy, he communicated with humanity, and informed humanity about His existence. The Quran is the last Book from God, revealed in the Arabic language.
The translation is in contemporary English. It uses today’s English language, and today’s English vocabulary; more importantly, it is very accurate. The translation closely follows the Arabic text. Punctuation is the same. The meaning is the same. The reader can read a verse in Arabic, then the translation; learn the verse, and understand the meaning.
This book is perhaps the ultimate Quran learning tool. The Quran is a blessing, within easy reach.
The Quran is the last Book from the Creator. It contains guidance, mercy, and healing. The Quran is a blessing, within reach.
Islam Through Quran will give you understanding of what Islam is, and what Islam is not, by moving you through the Quran.