Inside this booklet:
- The Holy Spirit: the power of God
- The Holy Spirit: Defining a Christian
- God gives Christians divine help through His spirit
- Paul didn't acknowledge the Trinity
- How to receive God's Spirit
- Is the laying on of hands necessary for us to receive the Holy Spirit?
- The power to live a godly life
If You Would Like to Know More...
Who we are: This publication is provided free of charge by the United Church of God, an International Association, which has ministers and congregations throughout much of the world.
We trace our origins to the Church that Jesus founded in the early first century. We follow the same teachings, doctrines and practices established then. Our commission is to proclaim the gospel of the coming Kingdom of God to all the world as a witness and to teach all nations to observe what Christ commanded (Matthew 24:14; 28:19-20).
Free of charge: Jesus Christ said, “Freely you have received, freely give” (Matthew 10:8). The United Church of God offers this and other publications free of charge as an educational service in the public interest. We invite you to request your free subscription to The Good News magazine and to enroll in our 12-lesson Bible Study Course, also free of charge.
We are grateful for the generous tithes and offerings of the members of the Church and other supporters who voluntarily contribute to support this work. We do not solicit the general public for funds. However, contributions to help us share this message of hope with others are welcomed. All funds are audited annually by an independent accounting firm.
Personal counsel available: Jesus commanded His followers to feed His sheep (John 21:15-17). To help fulfill this command, the United Church of God has congregations around the world. In these congregations believers assemble to be instructed from the Scriptures and to fellowship.
The United Church of God is committed to understanding and practicing New Testament Christianity. We desire to share God’s way of life with those who earnestly seek to follow our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Our ministers are available to counsel, answer questions and explain the Bible. If you would like to contact a minister or visit one of our congregations, please feel free to contact our office nearest you at email@example.com .
For additional information: Visit our Web site www.ucg.org to download or request any of our publications, including issues of The Good News, dozens of free Bible study aid booklets, Beyond Today programs and much more.
Mailing address: United Church of God, an International Association, PO Box 541027, Cincinnati, OH 45254
For avid Bible readers or those curious about the bestselling book of all time, this resource opens up the wonder, power, and message of the Bible in new ways.
In his letter to the believers at Rome, Paul described his own battles with sin—battles he repeatedly lost in spite of his best efforts. He had to learn victory cannot come through will-power. If we're honest with ourselves, we will admit the same thing. But then God showed Paul the only way to overcome sin: through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Discover what the Bible says about the root cause of our practical sin problem and the role the Holy Spirit has in dealing with it. Then, join Paul when he exclaims, "I thank God through Jesus Christ, our Lord!"
Inside this booklet:
- Introduction: Seven Prophetic Signs Before Jesus Return
- 1. Mankind Must Have the Ability to Exterminate Itself
- 2. A Jewish Homeland will be Established in Israel
- 3. The "King of the North" and "King of the South" will Rise as Regional Powers
- 4. A Dominating Roman System Will Come to Power
- 5. The United States and Great Britain will Fall with the State of Israel
- 6. The Gospel of the Kingdom will be Preached in the Entire World
- 7. Instant Worldwide Communications will be Possible at the Time of God's Final Two Witnesses