In the Ayurveda system of medicine, predisposition to a
disease as well as selection of a preventive and curative regimen is primarily
based on phenotypic assessment of a person which includes one's body
constitution termed "Prakriti".
A guide for health professionals, beginners, ayurveda
learners, health seekers and lovers.
1. Description of principles & concepts of Prakriti
2. Utility & importance of Prakriti
3. Description of method of analysis of Prakriti
4. Diets for different Prakriti
5. Research works on Prakriti
Prakriti, Body Type, Constitution Type, Ayurveda, Natural
Medicine, CAM, Preventive Medicine in Ayurveda
Dr.Vasant Patil graduated from SVM Ayurvedic College, Ilkal affiliated to RGUHS, Bangalore. He completed M.D. (Panchakarma) in August 2006 from Institute for Post Graduate Teaching & Research in Ayurveda (IPGTRA), Gujrat Ayurved University, Jamnagar. He is well versed in Classical & Keraliya Panchakarma. He is practicing Ayurveda since 2001 and engaged in teaching since 2006.
1.FURTHER CLINICAL STUDY ON STANDARDIZATION OF SHODHANARTH SNEHAPANA [Guide : Prof. M S BAGHEL , Ph. D. (Ay), Co-guide: Dr. A.B. THAKAR, Ph.D. (Ayu.) ]
2.Investigating officer for the clinical research on Osteoporosis as a part of Centre of excellence, Santhigiri Ayurveda & Siddha Vaidya Sala, proposal Submitted to AYUSH.
3.Investigating officer for pilot study of NADS-DM on NIDDM patients (ongoing)
4.Investigating officer for pilot study of NADS-OA on OA patients (ongoing)
5.Investigating officer for " A Randomized Controlled trial to Evaluate the Anti-hyperglycemic Effect of Polyherbal Ayurvedic Formulation "NADS-DM" in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients" (Proposal submitted to DBT)
PAPERS PRESENTED / PUBLISHED
1. Paper presented in the National seminar on Ayurvedic management of malnutrition organized by Ayurvedic specialists association & Dabur research centre at Dhanwantary Ayurvedic college, Chandigarha (Punjab) from 23rd -24th april 2005.
2. Paper presented in 5th International Seminar on Ayurvedic Education, Research & Drug Standardization – A Global Perspective entitled “A Clinical Study on Standardization of Shodhananga Snehapana W.S.R. to dose & duration” Organized by I.P.G.T. & R.A., G.A.U., Jamnagar on 5-7th January, 2006.
3. Presented Essay on rationale behind Panchakarma therapy in the International Conference on “Ayurveda – Where Science Meets Consciousness” held at Sterling Mahabalipuram, Chennai from 18-22nd January-2006
4. Published Article entitled “TAMAKE TU VIRECHANAM – UNDERSTANDING IN ITS TRUE SENSE” in the Aryavaidyan Magazine, volume II, April 06.
5. Published Research paper on “Clinical Study on Standardization of Shodhanarth Snehana”, Journal of research in Ayurveda & Siddha, CCRAS, New Delhi, Vol. XXVIII, No. 1-2, January-June, 2007
6. Published paper entitled “Assessment of agni & koshţha w. s. r. to Abhyantara Snehana”, Vol.28, No.2, Ancient Science of Life, Coimbatore, 2008.
7. Published article "Snehana-An Overview", Kerala Ayurveda Vaidyam, Kerala Ayurveda Limited, Aluva, Vol 2, Issue 3, Oct.-Dec.2009.
8. Effect of Snehapana (Internal Oleation) on Lipids : A Critical Review, Ancient Science of Life, Coimbatore, Vol. 29, No. 2, 2009.
1. “Snehana Therapy in Ayurveda”,
Chowkhambha Publications, New Delhi, June 2008.
2. “A Comprehensive Guide on Charaka Samhita”, Chowkhambha Publications, New Delhi, August 2009
3. “Principles & Practice of Panchakarma (For UG, PG, Researchers & Practitioners)”, Atreya Ayurveda Publications, Ilkal, 2010
4. Clinical Diagnosis in Ayurveda, Vol I, 1st edition, Atreya Ayurveda Publications, Ilkal, 2011
The recent WHO report says that 70% of the world population is using herbal medicines for their primary health care. In last decade the use of herbal medicines increased tremendously.Many books have been written on Ayurveda medicine but most of them for health professionals. There are few books which addresses the primary health care needs of layman. To fulfill this need, I wrote this book, containing simple and effective home remedies which are available in the local market and online stores. These home remedies have been practiced since more than 2000 years. I hope the readers will satisfy and will get perfect health by adopting the remedies, regime and diet described in this book.
Atreya Ayurveda Publications is always engaged in bringing the unique and
class books in India. Now for the first time, we are launching the eBook on
Panchakarma to reach maximum no. of readers all around the globe. this book describes the practical aspects of Keraliya Panchakarma. It is one of the best book for practitioners to refer and practice.
A Practical guide for Ayurveda Practitioners, CAM practitioners, health professionals, ayurveda
learners and lovers.
ü Introduction of
ü Utility & importance
üIllustrated Keraliya panchakarma therapies-External oil therapies-
üIllustrated Keraliya panchakarma therapies-External sudation