"Brookings Papers on Economic Activity (BPEA)" provides academic and business economists, government officials, and members of the financial and business communities with timely research on current economic issues.
- Editors' Summary
- The Increase in Income Cyclicality of High-Income Households and Its Relation to the Rise in Top Income Shares By Jonathan A. Parker and Annette Vissing-Jorgensen (Northwestern University)
- The State of the Social Safety Net in the Post-Welfare Reform Era By Marianne P. Bitler (University of California, Irvine) and Hilary W. Hoynes (University of California, Davis)
- The Impact of No Child Left Behind on Students, Teacheres, and Schools By Thomas S. Dee (University of Virginia) and Brian A. Jacob (University of Michigan)
- How Useful Are Estimated DSGE Model Forecasts for Central Bankers? By Rochelle M. Edge (Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System) and Refet S. G?rkaynak (Bilkent University)
- Regulating the Shadow Banking System By Gary Gorton and Andrew Metrick (Yale University)
- State Fiscal Policies and Transitory Income Fluctuations By James R. Hines, Jr. (University of Michigan)