This book provides 50 language “mini adventures” -- learning tasks that each help you find your way along your language learning path. Let language experts Shane Dixon and Justin Shewell be your guides as you take these mini adventures, based on years of academic research and experience, and incorporate them into your daily life. You'll find meaningful interactions in your target language, and you'll have fun, too.
In this classic, the world's expert on language and mind lucidly explains everything you always wanted to know about language: how it works, how children learn it, how it changes, how the brain computes it, and how it evolved. With deft use of examples of humor and wordplay, Steven Pinker weaves our vast knowledge of language into a compelling story: language is a human instinct, wired into our brains by evolution. The Language Instinct received the William James Book Prize from the American Psychological Association and the Public Interest Award from the Linguistics Society of America. This edition includes an update on advances in the science of language since The Language Instinct was first published.
a) Pre-reading Activities
b) Reading Activities
c) Post-reading Activities
d) Intensive Reading Activities
e) Extensive Reading Activities
The Fifty Ways to Teach series gives you a variety of drills, games, techniques, methods, and ideas to help your students master English. Most of the ideas can be used for both beginning and advanced classes. Many require little to no preparation or special materials. The ideas can be used with any textbook, or without a textbook at all. These short, practical guides aim to make your teaching life easier, and your students' lives more rewarding and successful.
Let me make a prediction.
I predict that many, many hundreds of people who will read this description will close this page in a few seconds.
“Learn a new language in a few months? Are you out of your mind?” they’ll say. “It’s just too good to be true.”
And they will go back to their old language learning methods.
You know which methods: toiling away at mind-numbing grammar exercises, learning words nobody uses, and, most importantly, never actually using your skills to communicate with another person.
If you’re still with me, I expect you to be different. You think there must be something better. After all, how could people master more than one foreign language in their lives if it usually takes a regular person several years just to learn the basics?
The answer is simple – in one way or another, they follow the methods I share in How to Learn Any Language in a Few Months While Enjoying Yourself. They not only learn up to ten times faster than other people, they also have a lot of fun while doing it.
How to Learn Any Language in a Few Months While Enjoying Yourself is for you if you want to learn:
- without this one thing, you’ll never learn a new language in just a few months. Learn what it is and how to apply it to your everyday life to practice your skills while doing your daily activities.
- a completely free way to get native speakers to proofread your writings (and even explain to you all of your mistakes). This one site alone can dramatically improve your writing skills.
- an extremely easy way to find a native speaker willing to help you learn her mother language. It’s almost like having a private tutor.
- the proper way to improve your listening skills while watching movies. Most people learning a foreign language do it the wrong way and it does nothing to improve their abilities.
- how to achieve more with less when learning languages. You don’t have to spend hours and hours cramming every single word and grammar rule. In fact, it works to your detriment. Learn what to do instead.
- 9 common mistakes to avoid when learning languages. Reading this chapter alone can save you years of ineffective studies – especially mistake #3, so common among language learners.
- a 5-step process to improve your reading skills. You can make your learning process much more enjoyable and effective by choosing the right things to read. Learn what these things are.
- a fun idea to learn how to write the way native speakers do. You too can learn the slang and phrases only native speakers use – and know the language better than many academic professors.
- how to dramatically improve your language skills when traveling. While it isn’t necessary to go abroad to learn a language, it’s a powerful way to cram a lot of learning into just a few days.
- 5 common challenges of language learners and how to deal with them. Learn how to get over the fear of communicating with native speakers. Discover how to find more time to learn and practice your skills. Read three tips on how to deal with discouragement.
If you’re ready to supercharge your progress and become fluent in a foreign language in as little as a few months, click the buy button.
Why kill yourself doing things the old, non-effective way, if you could make the process much easier and enjoy it more, too?
P.S. As a gift for buying my book, you’ll get a resource list with my favorite language learning sites.
learn a language in 3 months, learn a foreign language, learn another language, learn any language, become fluent in any language, be fluent in 3 months, learning languages, learn languages, learn languages fast, language learning methods, learning a new language, learning a language, learning foreign languages, learning another language, how to learn a new language, how to learn a foreign language
This book contains 50 tips to help you be successful in online teaching, from choosing your platform to designing and building your courses to supporting students as they complete your learning activities and assessments.