Using a structured and pragmatic approach, this guide begins with the basics of modeling, then builds on this knowledge using practical examples to enhance your modeling skills. Each unit builds on the knowledge gained in the previous unit, showing you all the essentials of modeling with 3ds Max 2021. As you go from hands-on exercise to hands-on exercise, you'll develop a strong arsenal of skills that combined will form a complete end to end process to create high-quality models using 3ds Max 2021.
This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, which will help you become a better 3ds Max artist and you will be able to speed up your workflow. This book is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for learning 3ds Max. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner. The first page of every unit summarizes the topics that will be covered in the unit. Hands-on exercises in this book instruct users how things can be done in 3ds Max step-by-step.
- Covers 3ds Max's user interface, navigation, tools, functions, and commands.
- Explains the polygon, subdivision, and spline modeling techniques.
- Covers all modifiers.
- Explains how to manage external design data.
- Detailed coverage of tools and features.
- Features 34 hands-on exercises – complete with before and after files.
- Features 40+ practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in the form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in boldface so that you never miss them.
- The content under "What just happened?" heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under "What next?" heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise's initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess knowledge.
- Bonus hands-on exercises.
- Includes a PDF file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This PDF file is included with the resources.
For more info, visit PADEXI ACADEMY'S website.
About the author
Pradeep Mamgain is a digital artist, writer, coder, educator, and founder of PADEXI.ACADEMY. He is self-taught in computer graphics, Internet has been the best source of training for me. He has worked with several companies dealing with animation and VFX in India. He loves helping young aspiring 3D artists to become professional 3D artists. He has helped his students to achieve rewarding careers in 3D animation and visual effects industry.
He has more than ten years of experience in computer and animation industry. He is passionate about computer graphics that helped him building skills in particles, fluids, cloth, RBD, pyrotechnics simulations, and post-production techniques. In addition to the computer graphics, he has keen interest in web design/development, digital marketing, and search engine optimization.