The different kata applications shown in this book
are possible defense solutions, which will supplement or partially
reinforce the existing knowledge of the reader. However, they are not
the only way to interpret the kata.
The karateka, who wishes to gain more knowledge, will enrich his existing knowledge on the topic of Bunkai.
- At-a-glance overview of all kata
- Supplementary explanations of difficult sections of kata
- Explanations of Japanese terms through graphics
- Additional detail drawings for difficult applications
- Concise drawings with all details
From the contents:
"... The evolution of Karate from martial arts to a
legitimate sports discipline has led to its worldwide practice and
acceptance. At the same time, karate has been made somewhat "safer" by
this development. The classic discipline which, to an extent, served as a
survival technique, has now adapted to the new generations and their
However, much of the original information of
classical karate was preserved in the kata. The discussion of their
various applications gives us the opportunity to gain insights that will
enrich our karate-dô. ..."