Learn how reading assessment can improve instruction and learning with the research-based, peer-reviewed articles in this collection, selected and introduced by noted expert Peter Afflerbach.
Fifteen articles cover a broad spectrum of practices and theory related to gathering, interpreting, and using assessment information, including
- The central role teachers can play in reading assessment
- How assessment fits into our evolving understanding of reading
- Systemic approaches to developing reading assessment
- The impact of formative assessment on student development
- The consequences of assessment
Afflerbach’s Introduction and the questions for reflection that accompany each article can help you tailor the book to meet your needs—especially useful for school-based professional development and teacher education.