Using a structured and pragmatic approach, this guide begins with the basics of modeling, then builds on this knowledge using practical examples to enhance your modeling, texturing, lighting, and rendering skills. Each unit builds on the knowledge gained in the previous unit, showing you all the essentials of 3ds Max 2021. As you go from hands-on exercise to hands-on exercise, you’ll develop a strong arsenal of skills that combined will form a complete end to end process to create high quality renders using 3ds Max 2021.
- Covers 3ds Max’s user interface, navigation, tools, functions, and commands.
- Explains the polygon, subdivision, and spline modeling techniques.
- Covers all modifiers.
- Covers UV mapping.
- Explains how to manage external design data.
- Covers material editors.
- Explains what is Arnold and how it is different from other renderers.
- Covers Arnold lights and light filters.
- Covers Arnold shaders, materials, and maps.
- Covers the motion blur and depth-of-field effects.
- Covers AOVs and Arnold render settings.
- Cover the Physical material.
- Detailed coverage of tools and features.
- Features 57 hands-on exercises–complete with before and after files.
- Features 44 practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in the form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in boldface so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess knowledge.
- Bonus hands-on exercises.
- Includes a PDF file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This PDF file is included with the resources.
ages will help you in the learning process. This PDF file is included with the resources.
Brief Table of Contents
This book is divided into the following units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to 3ds Max -I
- Unit 2: Introduction to 3ds Max -II
- Unit 3: Geometric Primitives and Architectural Objects
- Unit 4: Polygon Modeling
- Unit 5: Graphite Modeling Tools
- Unit 6: Spline Modeling
- Unit 7: Modifiers
- Unit 8: External Design Data
- Unit 9: Bonus Hands-on Exercises
- Unit 10: Material Editors
- Unit 11: Physical Material
- Unit 12: Introduction to Arnold
- Unit 13: Arnold Lights
- Unit 14: Arnold Shaders and Materials
- Unit 15: Arnold Maps
- Unit 16: Cameras
- Unit 17: Arnold Render Settings
For more info, visit PADEXI ACADEMY'S website.
Pradeep Mamgain is a digital artist, writer, coder, educator, and founder of PADEXI.ACADEMY. He is self-taught in computer graphics, Internet has been the best source of training for me. He has worked with several companies dealing with animation and VFX in India. He loves helping young aspiring 3D artists to become professional 3D artists. He has helped his students to achieve rewarding careers in 3D animation and visual effects industry.
He has more than ten years of experience in computer and animation industry. He is passionate about computer graphics that helped him building skills in particles, fluids, cloth, RBD, pyrotechnics simulations, and post-production techniques. In addition to the computer graphics, he has keen interest in web design/development, digital marketing, and search engine optimization.