Type 2 diabetes is Australia's fast-growing chronic disease, yet it can be prevented with the right diet and regular exercise. Whether you have already been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes or are pre-diabetic and hoping to avoid full-blown diabetes, this easy-to-understand book teaches you how to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good blood glucose control so that you can prevent long-term complications and live a full and active life.
An author team of medical professionals, led by Professor Lesley Campbell and Dr. Alan Rubin, offers essential guidance and critical advice for taking preventative measures to avoid developing type 2 diabetes in the first place. For those who have already been diagnosed, the authors walk you through how to deal with type 2 and clearly explain how it affects your body.
- Highlights ways to manage the daily impact that type 2 has on your life and prevent long-term complications
- Devotes an entire chapter to foot care
- Explains glucose monitoring as well as medications that you should be familiar with
- Details a healthy eating and exercise plan for getting a handle on your type 2 diabetes
- Makes suggestions for additional resources so you can learn more about your diabetes
With a focus on the specific concerns of type 2 diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes For Dummies is a reliable, locally relevant resource on diabetes management.