The First Galaxies in the Universe starts from basic physical principles before moving on to more advanced material. Topics include the gravitational growth of structure, the intergalactic medium, the formation and evolution of the first stars and black holes, feedback and galaxy evolution, reionization, 21-cm cosmology, and more.
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to this exciting frontier in astrophysics
- Begins from first principles
- Covers advanced topics such as the first stars and 21-cm cosmology
- Prepares students for research using the next generation of large telescopes
- Discusses many open questions to be explored in the coming decade