Beginning with an exam overview and ways to get the most out of an AP English class, this book has it all: long- and short-range planning advice, detailed chapters that discuss the four main literary genres, and two full-length practice exams — complete with detailed answer explanations and scoring guides. It helps you perfect the skills you need to get your best possible score. Two bonus appendixes provide a full list of teacher-recommended titles to choose from for the open-ended essay, as well as a quick grammar review to address the fundamentals of superior essay writing. Discover how to:
- Get familiar with the exam format and the types of questions you’ll face
- Figure out what the questions are really asking
- Maximize your score on multiple-choice questions
- Write effectively and eloquently about poetry, prose, and drama
- Prepare for paired passages and craft a clever open-ended essay
- Annotate poetry and prose like an expert
Passing the AP English Literature and Composition exam doesn’t have to be torture. Get AP English Literature and Composition For Dummies and find out how easy it can be.