The long-awaited update of the trusted yoga book
A decade since its initial publication, Yoga For Dummies, 2nd Edition has been updated and revised to include coverage of the newest concepts and practices that have emerged in the yoga community over the past ten years. Still maintaining its emphasis on safe approaches to the physical practice of yoga, Yoga For Dummies, 2nd Edition breaks down the concepts and poses, making yoga easy-to-understand and easy-to-apply for everyone.
Yoga has been bringing health and peace of mind to millions of people for five millennia-and it can do the same for you. Turn to Yoga For Dummies, 2nd Edition to find out how to unlock your body's extraordinary potential, while strengthening your mind as well.
- Focuses on Hatha Yoga, which works primarily with the body through postures, breathing exercises, and other techniques
- Specialized yoga instructions for all ages, as well as partner yoga
- Practicing yoga during pregnancy, as well as yoga relief for women in mid-life
- Using restorative yoga and yoga therapy to combat chronic aches and pains
Whether you're a beginner or a yoga guru, Yoga For Dummies, 2nd Edition gives you the tips and techniques you need to experience the health benefits of yoga as part of a complete wellness and exercise program.
Fitness For Dummies, 4th Edition, provides the latest information and advice for properly shaping, conditioning, and strengthening your body to enhance overall fitness and health. With the help of fitness professionals Suzanne Schlosberg and Liz Neporent, you'll learn to set and achieve realistic fitness goals without expensive fitness club fees!
- Achieve motivation and social support from social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- Take advantage of digital resources such as e-exercising programs, video instructors, digital training systems, apps, and more
- Gives you the latest tips and methods to test your own fitness level, set realistic goals, stick with your program, and get great results
- Shows you how to spot where fat is sneaking into your diet
- Get the most out of high-tech exercise machines and equipment, plus tips for using dumbbells or a simple jump rope to achieve results
- Offers step-by-step instructions on creating a home gym on a budget
Featuring all-new informative fitness photos and illustrations, this revised edition of Fitness For Dummies is all you need to get on track to a healthy new body!
Pilates For Dummies lets you get on board with the Pilates method , without the high cost of private instruction. Packed with step-by-step exercises, photos, and illustrations, it helps you develop your own Pilates fitness program to do at home or in the gym. Top Pilates trainer Ellie Herman shows you how to use eight basic Pi lates principles to get the most out of your mat-based routines and:
- Look and feel better than ever
- Get stronger, more flexible, in control and less prone to injury
- Target and tone problem areas
- Get movie star abs, buns, thighs and arms
- Repair chronic stress and sports injuries
Calmly, clearly, and with quirky good humor, Ellie explores the origins and basic philosophy of the Pilates method, and helps you set realistic fitness goals and custom-tailor a program. She also covers:
- Basic, intermediate , and advanced mat exercises
- Using Pilates exercise equipment and accessories
- Targeting specific areas including the stomach, back, thighs, and chest
- Pilates for the pregnant and recently pregnant body
- Using Pilates to heal injuries, reform posture
- Ten simple ways to incorporate Pilates into your everyday life
- Combining Pilates with other forms of exercise, including yoga, swimming, aerobics, and more
Why let the rich and famous have all the fun? Your complete, friendly, step-by-step guide, Pilates For Dummies shows how Pilates can offer a fitness program for the rest of us.
Want to start enjoying the benefits of yoga today? The secret's out—you can quickly get up-to-speed on the basics of yoga and begin your workout with the help of this fun guide.
Basic Yoga Postures & Series In A Day For Dummies gives you an easy-to-follow introduction on the essential beginning elements of yoga. It's packed with tips and advice for staying balanced while maintaining proper posture (when sitting or standing) and step-by-step instructions for basic yoga sequences.
- An overview on the basic philosophy and benefits of Yoga
- Essential keys to posture, sitting, and standing
- The mechanics and practice of breathing during Yoga practice
- A recommended routine for beginners
- Online component takes you beyond the book with bonus content and features
Get ready to start reaping the many benefits of this ancient practice with Basic Yoga Postures & Series In A Day For Dummies.
Fit and Healthy For Dummies, Two eBook Bundle with Bonus Mini eBook: Nutrition For Dummies, Fitness For Dummies, and Ten Minute Tone-ups For Dummies
Two complete eBooks for one low price AND a bonus mini edition! Created and compiled by the publisher, this bundle brings together two healthy titles and a bonus “mini” edition of Ten Minute Tone -Ups For Dummies. With this special bundle, you’ll get the complete text of the following two titles and the following mini edition:
Nutrition For Dummies, 5th Edition
You've been hearing it since you were a little kid: "You are what you eat." But unlike most adages you've long since debunked, this wise saying is true! Good nutrition is the key to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight and lifelong good health—no matter how you slice it.
Nutrition For Dummies is a one-size-fits-all guide to nutrition for anyone who may have fallen asleep in health class, wants to brush up on what they already know, or is looking to keep up-to-speed on the latest guidelines and research. It shows you how to manage your diet so you get the most bang (nutrients) for your buck (calories) and gives you the skinny on how to put together a healthy shopping list, how to prepare foods that are good for the body and soul, and ten easy ways to cut calories.
An apple a day may not necessarily keep the doctor away, but with the simple guidance of Nutrition For Dummies, you can be on your way to living a happier, healthier ever after.
Fitness For Dummies, 4th Edition
The latest and greatest in getting fit and staying that way! Fitness For Dummies, 4th Edition, provides the latest information and advice for properly shaping, conditioning, and strengthening your body to enhance overall fitness and health. With the help of fitness professionals Suzanne Schlosberg and Liz Neporent, you'll learn to set and achieve realistic fitness goals without expensive fitness club fees! Achieve motivation and social support from social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook Take advantage of digital resources such as e-exercising programs, video instructors, digital training systems, apps, and more Gives you the latest tips and methods to test your own fitness level, set realistic goals, stick with your program, and get great results Shows you how to spot where fat is sneaking into your diet Get the most out of high-tech exercise machines and equipment, plus tips for using dumbbells or a simple jump rope to achieve results Offers step-by-step instructions on creating a home gym on a budget Featuring all-new informative fitness photos and illustrations, this revised edition of Fitness For Dummies is all you need to get on track to a healthy new body!
Ten Minute Tone-Ups For Dummies, Mini Edition
Need to tone up in a hurry? This safe, sensible exercise program delivers fast results while targeting your trouble spots in quick ten-minute sessions. We’ve taken the text from the original mini print edition of this title (64 pages) and included it in this bundle as special bonus.
About the Author of Nutrition For Dummies, 5th Edition
Carol Ann Rinzler is a noted authority on health and nutrition and is the author of more than 20 books on food and health. She has contributed to many major publications including the New York Times, Redbook, Family Circle, and the New York Daily News. Carol holds a master's degree from Columbia University.
About the Authors of Fitness For Dummies,4th Edition
Suzanne Schlosberg is a fitness writer whose work has appeared in Shape, Health, Fit Pregnancy, Ladies' Home Journal, and other magazines. Liz Neporent is a health and fitness expert and correspondent for ABC National News. She is a frequent contributor to Shape, Self, and Fitness magazines.
About the Author of Ten Minute Tone-Ups For Dummies, Mini Edition
Cyndi Targosz is a certified lifestyle/fitness expert and President and founder of STARGLOW Production, Inc. She is also a motivational speaker who has appeared on numerous radio and TV shows.
An anatomy and physiology course is required for medical and nursing students as well as for others pursuing careers in healthcare. Anatomy & Physiology Workbook For Dummies is the fun and easy way to get up to speed on anatomy and physiology facts and concepts. This hands-on workbook provides students with useful exercises to practice identifying specific muscle groups and their functions, memory exercises, as well as diagrams and actual demonstrations that readers can personally enact to illustrate the concepts.
If you're a part of the Lycra brigade and need some guidance on maintaining your machine, this book is for you! Discover practical advice on testing your brakes, adjusting your seat height, replacing a wheel, and much more.
Open the book and find:
- Help with attaching safety lights
- How to clean your chain properly
- Tips for finding and fixing a puncture
- Ways to check tyre pressure