Written by authorities from various related specialties, this book presents the most complete treatment possible of the conditions responsible for water- and sanitation-related diseases, the pathogens and their biology, morbidity and mortality resulting from lack of safe water and sanitation, distribution of these diseases, and the conditions that must be met to reduce or eradicate them. Preventive measures and solutions are presented throughout. This book is an essential resource for all graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and professionals in infectious disease, public health and medicine, chemical and environmental engineering, and international affairs.
- Provides a comprehensive understanding of the interconnection among many factors related to water-related diseases, sanitation and hygiene
- Brings together experts from various specialties to address each area covered and to assist in bringing about the understanding of those interconnections
- Provides examples of successful interventions with knowledge about how they were brought about so that information can be use to replicate the initiative in full or in part
- Provides an appreciation of the concerns and solutions addressed from an international perspective with high and low technological solutions
- Provides insight into the international dimension of these concerns and how they can be best addressed
- Four hours of accompanying multimedia DVD on two discs