Read and find out about six simple machines—the lever, the wheel and axle, the pulley, the ramp, the wedge, and the screw—in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
Machines help make work easier, like when you need to lift something heavy or reach way up high. Can you adjust a seesaw to lift an elephant? What happens when you combine two or more simple machines? Read and find out out in the proven winner Simple Machines!
This clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom, uses clear explanations and simple, fun diagrams to explain how machines work. This book also includes a glossary and a find out more section with a lever experiment.
This is a Level 2 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.