OPTIONS & FEATURES
• All types of PME exercises
• Practice status: versions for beginners, advanced and experienced users
• Right / left handed
• Practice lying down or sitting
• Volume of voice, music & sounds
• Set the duration of the tension (3-10 sec.)
• with / without signal tone (gong 1-3) for tensioning
• Breaks for relaxation (10-40 seconds)
• To fall asleep or relax
• Lead time of 10-120 seconds.
• with / without intro
• Determine the total runtime
• 5 pieces of music and 21 natural sounds
• Combine 2 sounds
• Timer: continue the music / sounds
• Set up notification: Reminder for the PME → Relax!
PME & CONTENT OF THE APP
In the Pro version there are all versions of the PME (beginner status): the basic form with 17, 2 short forms with 7 and 4 muscle groups as well as the mental form (body scan).
The PME according to Edmund Jacobson is a scientifically recognized relaxation method that helps to achieve a state of deep relaxation through muscle tension and relaxation. The PME is - scientifically proven - very effective relaxation method; It is recommended by doctors for numerous, mostly stress-related symptoms, such as:
• Migraines or headaches
• inner unrest
• Sleep disorders
• Back pain / pain
• Arousal, test anxiety
• Anxiety and panic attacks
• High blood pressure
• psychosomatic complaints
• Burnout, ...
With regular exercise, you can reach even deeper states of relaxation. As soon as you have enough practice with the basic form, you can switch to the short forms and finally just relax mentally with the body scan.
All forms of PME are instructed and practiced in this app.
BASIC FORM: 17 MUSCLE GROUPS
1. Right hand and forearm
2. Right upper arm
3. Left hand and forearm
4. Left upper arm
6. Upper cheek and nose
7. Lower cheeks and jaw
9. Chest, shoulders and upper back
11. Buttocks and pelvic floor
12. Right thigh
13. Right lower leg
14. Right foot
15, 16, 17 (-> left side)
SHORT FORM I: 7 MUSCLE GROUPS
1. Right hand, forearm and upper arm
2. Left hand, forearm and upper arm
3. Forehead, cheek area, nose and jaw
5. Chest, shoulders, back, abdomen, buttocks and pelvic floor
6. Right thigh, lower leg and foot
7. Left thigh, lower leg and foot
SHORT FORM II: 4 MUSCLE GROUPS
1. Both hands, forearms and upper arms
2. Face and neck
3. Chest, shoulders, back, abdomen, buttocks and pelvic floor
4. Both thighs, lower legs and feet
MENTAL FORM: BODY SCAN
Guided meditation through the whole body. These instructions are the last stage of the PME, in which the perception is directed to individual body parts without tensing them. The relaxation now only takes place mentally.
The breaks between the muscle groups for relaxation can be set.
MUSIC & NATURE / SOUNDS
You can choose from 5 types of music and 23 natural sounds. These can also be used without a voice to relax or to fall asleep.
SLEEP / RELAX
All exercises can be used to fall asleep, with withdrawal or even without an outro.
Music & nature sounds can be continued as long as you like.
Before an exercise begins, a lead time can be set in which only music / nature sounds can be heard.
If sound problems occur in standby (timeout), activate the KeepScreenOn mode if necessary. (in very rare cases)
- the app does not require any authorizations
- all content is included in the app
- the app can - and should even - be used offline
- the app does not contain any advertising or subscriptions