This app contains paediatric emergency algorithms produced by Advanced Paediatric Life Support, Australia, for medical professionals working in acute care in Australia.
Flowcharts are in easy reference format for a wide range of paediatric emergencies, including:
• Paediatric Basic Life Support
• Advanced Life Support
• Cardiac Arrest Management
• The Choking Child
• Anaphylaxis Management
• Bradycardia Management
• SVT (Supra-Ventricular Tachycardia) Management
• VT (Ventricular Tachycardia) Management
• Management of Coma
• Status Epilepticus Management
• Spinal Imaging, Referral and Clearance
• Intubation Checklist
• Failed Intubation Checklist
• Hyperkalaemia Management
• Blood and Fluid Therapy in Trauma
• Structured Approach to Emergency Paediatrics
• Newborn Life Support - Australian / New Zealand Resuscitation Council
These algorithms form part of the three day APLS course, regarded as the international gold standard in paediatric emergency training. They are intended for use by trained medical professionals who have completed a full APLS course in Australia or New Zealand only.
Fully updated for 2019 for consistency with current APLS course content, the 6th edition of 'Advanced Paediatric Life Support: A Practical Approach to Emergencies (Australia & New Zealand)' and the latest international consensus guidelines.
Elsewhere in the app, discover more about the APLS course and APLS Australia, watch sessions from past Paediatric Acute Care Conferences and find upcoming courses near you.